Insurance

Concerned as to whether my garage actually qualified as being officially locked. I re quoted as keeping on driveway , better safe than sorry , rather pay a bit more than have a claim rejected, came out 10% less! I can only conclude their are a lot of claims from accidents when entering or exiting the garage? . Whatever, moral is play about with the variables what you think may reduce the premium may be the opposite. Keeping on the road? More risk? guess they don’t know which house the keys are in etc.. all about the stats ..

Yep it’s madness outside a garage is always less.

Considered doing mine as that but 9/10 it’s in the garage and if it’s stolen from a garage I’d rather not have to worry.

I hear you. it’s mad . My garage is a lot safer than the driveway , at least mrs Johny b can’t sideswipe it on the way back from Waitrose.

Reactions: DW81
Difficult to comment like you said, not knowing what you drive like. But I am very sensible on the roads, never go over 70 on the motorway.. in a 30 zone I’m doing bang on 30, speed is discretional.

Insurance is up and down all the time, almost impossible to put your finger on. I have done well to get into an RS3, but it’s because it’s my choice to put my money into a car.
Might be better off buying a pair of roller skates then mate, don’t think the rs is for you, it sometimes eggs you on when the conditions are safe of course:sunglasses:
In all serious enjoy the car when you get it and once in a while maybe the odd launch start:tearsofjoy::smirk:

I hear you. it’s mad . My garage is a lot safer than the driveway , at least mrs Johny b can’t sideswipe it on the way back from Waitrose.

My garage is tight, about 2 inches either side of the wing mirrors but I’d rather it be tight than it be outside. The garage is triple locked, one visible and two not.. I have a folding, locking post inside and is alarmed with the most piercing alarm you could hope to hear.

Might be better off buying a pair of roller skates then mate, don’t think the rs is for you, it sometimes eggs you on when the conditions are safe of course:sunglasses:
In all serious enjoy the car when you get it and once in a while maybe the odd launch start:tearsofjoy::smirk:

Lmao! I only mentioned the good points ;) My Mum hates being out in the car with me when I drive fast, otherwise they like my driving and I have free-will to loan their Audi’s whenever I want.

Only the occasional launch ;) I did around 15 in the S3 in a year and felt guilty for it, a few less with the RS I think. It’s simply a showoff factor but they do shift, real well.

Concerned as to whether my garage actually qualified as being officially locked. I re quoted as keeping on driveway , better safe than sorry , rather pay a bit more than have a claim rejected, came out 10% less! I can only conclude their are a lot of claims from accidents when entering or exiting the garage? . Whatever, moral is play about with the variables what you think may reduce the premium may be the opposite. Keeping on the road? More risk? guess they don’t know which house the keys are in etc.. all about the stats ..
I tested all of the options out of interest. On the street - cheapest, on the drive was significantly more expensive and in the garage was the motherload of cash for the premium. Like I said, the whole process is vomit inducing. And a sh1tfest.

Lmao! I only mentioned the good points ;) My Mum hates being out in the car with me when I drive fast, otherwise they like my driving and I have free-will to loan their Audi’s whenever I want.

Only the occasional launch ;) I did around 15 in the S3 in a year and felt guilty for it, a few less with the RS I think. It’s simply a showoff factor but they do shift, real well.
Come on! There is no point buying the car if you are going to drive it like a Fiat 500. You have to give it the beans from time to time to justify the cost.

Don’t feel guilty as long as the oil temps are above 80 then all bets are off:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: these cars are designed for abit of a thrashing doesn’t hurt to stretch there legs every so often

Come on! There is no point buying the car if you are going to drive it like a Fiat 500. You have to give it the beans from time to time to justify the cost.
No point they go above 70 so I’m told :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: T-800 and Evil Diesel

Oh it gets driven haha, but I’m not somebody who struggles to keep a car out of a hedge and plants their foot hoping for the best. This is the stereotype Insurance is based on for somebody my age.

My car gets driven don’t worry about that.

Don’t feel guilty as long as the oil temps are above 80 then all bets are off:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: these cars are designed for abit of a thrashing doesn’t hurt to stretch there legs every so often

I’m critical with that too, stays under 3000rpm until I get to 80 degrees.

Being an engineer I’ve got a fair bit of mechanical sympathy and instantly putting 400hp through the drivetrain does make me cringe a little. But yes agreed they are built to take it, somebody in work said they wouldn’t buy a fast car because it would have been driven fast.

Reactions: 1future
My cheapest quote for the S3 & RS3 is £9000 but i’m 18 & no NCD & not even a year driving. Paid 2.2 for my A3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please tell me you not thinking of getting a s/rs3 mate:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: 1future and AudiNutta
My cheapest quote for the S3 & RS3 is £9000 but i’m 18 & no NCD & not even a year driving. Paid 2.2 for my A3

Stay in your A3 for now bud ;)
If you are that desperate for a spin pay for my fuel and I will take you out ;)

But only if it's not raining and on a totally smooth road surface with no loose stones eh ?:whistle2:

But only if it's not raining and on a totally smooth road surface with no loose stones eh ?:whistle2:

Of course :D

I won’t be taking my car out on any sh*tty winter roads just for the sake of it. I don’t need it for work, therefore it’s a toy.. I certainly am not the first to keep a dry weather car.

It’s already driven 160 miles in flat out rain though when I collected it.

Of course :D

I won’t be taking my car out on any sh*tty winter roads just for the sake of it. I don’t need it for work, therefore it’s a toy.. I certainly am not the first to keep a dry weather car.

It’s already driven 160 miles in flat out rain though when I collected it.

A 'dry' weather car in the UK..........:sadlike:

A 'dry' weather car in the UK..........:sadlike:

Yep, I can’t see it lasting long but the point is I’m not going to take it out and be forced to get it stinking dirty for the sake of it... like my S3 ended up last winter.

The S3 had to be used for work but my factory has relocated since.

Unless you’re going to have it as a ‘garage queen’ and put minimal miles on it and hope in the future the price really appreciates then I can’t see why you wouldn’t use it as it’s supposed to be used... get it out there and enjoy it whenever you can... or at least that’s my outlook on it

Unless you’re going to have it as a ‘garage queen’ and put minimal miles on it and hope in the future the price really appreciates then I can’t see why you wouldn’t use it as it’s supposed to be used... get it out there and enjoy it whenever you can... or at least that’s my outlook on it

It’s not with a view of price appreciating, just a view of keeping it in showroom condition for as long as I can because the car is a keeper for me.

Anyway, nothing saying I won’t be changing jobs soon in which case would mean it has to be used for that purpose. Nothing better though than on your first rest day after 4 days in work, opening the garage to see a pristine car having been cleaned the day it was put away.

That’s not happening for the first few weeks, shall be using it for work and doing some pointless mileage either side of it to use it :D

Final collection tomorrow at 9am, wooohoooo!

Reactions: Phil3
It’s not with a view of price appreciating, just a view of keeping it in showroom condition for as long as I can because the car is a keeper for me.

Anyway, nothing saying I won’t be changing jobs soon in which case would mean it has to be used for that purpose. Nothing better though than on your first rest day after 4 days in work, opening the garage to see a pristine car having been cleaned the day it was put away.

That’s not happening for the first few weeks, shall be using it for work and doing some pointless mileage either side of it to use it :D

Looking forward to more photos mate

With my last couple of cars I was lucky enough to have a ‘runabout’ as well, but always found myself going back to my main car even for just running into town etc... and it always gave me the excuse to go the long way round to places... twice a week wash and always try to keep them looking like new ha

My last three cars have had perlecent paint and colours which really stand out so looking forward to a change with Nardo this time

Looking forward to more photos mate

With my last couple of cars I was lucky enough to have a ‘runabout’ as well, but always found myself going back to my main car even for just running into town etc... and it always gave me the excuse to go the long way round to places... twice a week wash and always try to keep them looking like new ha

My last three cars have had perlecent paint and colours which really stand out so looking forward to a change with Nardo this time

There will be more over the next week, having professional photos taken tonight at the detailers including light painting.

Nardo is a nice colour, you won’t regret it but it will be a shock to your system haha.

Reactions: FBF01
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Audi nutta please for the love of god drive your car, without being really shi..y mate it’s is an rs3 and not a maclaren p1. I drive mine everywhere in any condition and it is flawless, you are missing a truck especially in the wet with road crap plastered all over it:tearsofjoy: you would have a Connery if you had seen what terrain my one ad been on loaded up with angling kit but I love it like that paid a lot for the car and my god it will be driven

Reactions: T-800, AudiNutta and Phil3
Each to their own
You've spent a fortune protecting the paintwork. Get out and enjoy every minute of that glorious 5-pot, come rain or sunshine.

Reactions: Evil Diesel, T-800, AudiNutta and 2 others
...Nardo is a nice colour, you won’t regret it but it will be a shock to your system haha.

Yep haha I seen a Nardo Sportback when I was away a few weeks ago and it’s made the wait til next March even longer... i think the colour in person looks so different to photos of it

Reactions: AudiNutta

so you want me to pay god knows how much probably over £100 for a spinyou can drive a lamborghini huracan for less than that near where i live

Reactions: T-800
...you can drive a lamborghini huracan for less than that near where i live...

Yea but a Lamborghini Huracan is just a poor mans RS3 haha

Reactions: 1future and AudiNutta
You've spent a fortune protecting the paintwork. Get out and enjoy every minute of that glorious 5-pot, come rain or sunshine.

I’m a little OCD haha. I clean my wheel arches every couple of months, wheels off and scrub. I try and clean the underside as best as I can.

so you want me to pay god knows how much probably over £100 for a spinyou can drive a lamborghini huracan for less than that near where i live

Lmao ;) Nah just go to your local Audi centre or be sensible and when you order a car, ask to be taken out in something special.... that’s always worked, several times.

Drive one on the public roads without supervision?! Where do you live?!?!

In about 2/3 years yes

Hopefully you will have a more realistic quote but I won’t hold my breathe mate, the joys of insurance companies :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: AudiNutta and 1future
Hopefully you will have a more realistic quote but I won’t hold my breathe mate, the joys of insurance companies :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Yeah hopefully will, i love insurance companies

Lmao ;) Nah just go to your local Audi centre or be sensible and when you order a car, ask to be taken out in something special.... that’s always worked, several times.

Drive one on the public roads without supervision?! Where do you live?!?!

I was at Stoke Audi earlier haha, they had a beautiful RS5i wanted to touch it haha

Well it’s more of a track day, and when i say track day i mean doing 6 laps of an old airfield that’s quite short.. they’ve got a huracan, ferrari california, mustang, 2 gtr’s, a porsche, tesla & a mclaren soon.. it’s a thrill but you can’t do serious speeds because of the corners