Insurance!

rwellfair

Reaction score
Hi people, been looking into getting an RS4 im 24 i have been on the road 4 years with no probs, i drive a 60 trafic sport 150 (van) and a 1.8t (190) a4 2004, looking at a 2007 RS4 and insurance is around 4k a year!!!!
for the 2 i own i pay £260 a month as it is!

So the big question how much do you owners pay and what age are you? is this a case of not having a top spec car untill im over 30!?

thanks

hey mate im the same age and have been looking at the same sort of car, insurance wont even touch me, as said im 24, been driving 6 years with 2 years no claims but never had an accident, no points etc! just dont think its gonna happen til im atleast 26-27

When I was 18 they told me insurance will go down at 21, when I was 21 they told me insurance will go down at 25, when I was 25 they told me insurance will go down at 30........so I'm really looking forward to my premium in 8 months when it will go down :think:

An RS4 at 24 blimey....... good on you sir.

Just got a quote from Sky Insurance which was very good - try them.

Good Luck.

I'm 21 and just about to get 1 I've got insurance using admiral multiple car 3900!! Ive been driving 4 years and 4 years no claims. Think that's very reasonable deposit left on an RS4 just sorting money's out then can collect hopefully by end of the week :) But I'd try them deffo!

I was looking at getting one of these and I got a quote for 1900. I'm 21 tomorrow, 2 years ncb with 3 accidents on record. License for 3 years.

I am 24. I have an RS4, Merc SL55AMG and an E92 M3... All in all a break down of insurance.

RS4 - £460
SL55AMG - £680
M3 - £540

All with Admiral multi car, hope that helps :)

Amazing how you all give what your paying and how old you are, but don't say where you live. Premiums for London and the surrounding areas, Birmingham, Manchester etc are going to be a lot more expensive than Mid Wales, Cornwall or Central Scotland. That has a big impact on the premiums, not just your age :icon_thumright:

Well going by them figures, an RS4 should cost me about £8.45 to insure then :)

your post code is the number one consideration when insuring a car i live in m6 and its a nightmare . i have 25 years no claims never had a car touched and have no points but that does not seem to matter if you live in m6

I'm 27, Cambs based and I pay £480ish

It's one of the lowest areas for in the UK for stolen cars. Totally agree with the comments above, my brother has a Punto that he's paying £117 for in Milton, Cambs.

When he was living in Islington it was £650. Thats just shy of 600% more on location / post code alone. When I ran the RS4 through at his old post code they wanted £3,300 to insure it.

That police site that shows crimes committed had something like 270 car thefts / vandalism / break-ins listed for the previous 30 days on just his postcode alone so basically 8 day.

My post code has 1 listed in the last year.

Last edited:
I'm speechless! I'm a 22 year old aircraft engineer in cambs, and always thought i was doing pretty well, but i cannot afford an RS4 as much as I jiggle my finances. Are you getting these cars on tick? If so, that explains it as I won't. Lol.

I'm speechless! I'm a 22 year old aircraft engineer in cambs, and always thought i was doing pretty well, but i cannot afford an RS4 as much as I jiggle my finances. Are you getting these cars on tick? If so, that explains it as I won't. Lol.

Most expensive cars are bought "on tick" as you say... Most people won't tie up that sort of money in a car. Buying something on finance isn't always a bad thing. Everyone has there own financial ideas!

Most expensive cars are bought "on tick" as you say... Most people won't tie up that sort of money in a car. Buying something on finance isn't always a bad thing. Everyone has there own financial ideas!

Yeah I get that. I am one of those with that "don't get finance gremlins" in my head lol. I just hate the whole owing money thing! Maybe I shod just stop pushing footing around and so it :p lol. Interesting to see people my age getting such low figures....