Insurance up for dash cam

IRONy_MAN

IRONy_MAN
Reaction score
Hi All just had a conversation with my insurer Diamond aka bell aka admiral to let them know that I have fitted a dash cam for my own safety and insurance reasons and obviously I ve asked for a discount on my insurance and the operator s answer was that I should pay £20 extra per year for it Isn t this crazy???

That's mental. Most offer discount if it's a particular make and model of cam but never heard of them putting it up!

that s what I ve thought ..I ve had a bit of rant on them but who cares..the thing is that a few weeks ago I ve called them for my tinted and obviously they ve charged me £40 and yesterday I ve said that maybe I ll recover some£££ as a discount.. But it s not the caseCrazy world we livin'

Hi Dan does it have to be one of the branded ones to get the discount as I have a streetwise unit but it isn't listed in your list of cam

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi Dan does it have to be one of the branded ones to get the discount as I have a streetwise unit but it isn't listed in your list of cam

Hi, if you could send me some details I can see about getting your camera added to our list.

Kind Regards,
Dan

Hi dan thanks for the reply my camera is a streetwise accessories HD in-vehicle video journey recorder model number po3473

my insurance company ageas who I'm with through sky insurance said that having a dashcam in my car doesn't effect my insurance positively or negatively.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: IRONy_MAN
Hi All just had a conversation with my insurer Diamond aka bell aka admiral to let them know that I have fitted a dash cam for my own safety and insurance reasons and obviously I ve asked for a discount on my insurance and the operator s answer was that I should pay £20 extra per year for it Isn t this crazy???
lol that's crazy, I got 10% off for just ticking the box to say I have a dash cam!!!

Reactions: IRONy_MAN
The list is hardly exhaustive , some of the best £50-£100 dash cams aren't there, 1440P too .

I recently contacted my insurer...Swiftcover, as I didn't have a dash cam fitted at time of renewal, (March) but fitted it around end of May of this year and also when I checked "my swiftspace" they had the car listed as being parked on the road overnight whereas it's actually in a locked garage overnight. So I made the alterations and hit "enter" expecting to see a reduction in the premium...they came back asking for an extra £18....WTF. So I hit the "cancel changes" button.. Total rip off insurance companies. It makes you wonder why there are so many uninsured drivers out there that have just said "**** you" to the insurance companies. The downside to that is all us "legal" drivers have to pay for it..

@RS4 Cookie the reason it went up is the cars less of an insurance risk on the road. If it's in your garage/driveway thieves know it's your car thus break into your house for the keys = higher risk!

Just remember if you have a accident and its your fault there's evidence then that will go against you :whistle2:. That's what my insurance told me when I asked if I would get a discount next time. They said its very handy to have one until your to blame