Insurance Theft Claim

pilcob

Reaction score
Insurance Co rang me today regarding the theft of my car, (see stolen Audi S4 in new members area)
they have made an appointment to phone me back tommorrow at a specified time, I have read on other forums that these phone calls are recorded and monitored with a lie detector machine, any one else heard of this.
I was hoping an assessor would call in person so they could see the exact situation in which the car was taken.

Will report back with any news as a recieve it.

theres no lie detector at all
even if there was they couldnt use it for anything and u have to be wired up to it
hope you get a pay out as with keys in igg they usaly blame you and dont pay

im with bez on both point mate but wish you luck i think it will depend on situation ie if you where under the hood at the time for instance cheacking something that needed engine running youl just have to see but have a good google of the situations to save landing yourself in a opertunity for them to worm there way out

Make it clear that it was impossible to do the job you were doing /without/ having the engine running and the door open.

Anyone got any thoughts on the impact this will have on my insurance, I did not have protected no claims bonus on this policy, I have two other policies for other vehicles will it also affect them?

if they do pay out
expect to loose a year plus this years no claims
id say around a 10% increse on renew and yes it will affect all your cars in your name

i say 10% as my last 2 claims last year went up about 11% cos of the claims

Anyone got any thoughts on the impact this will have on my insurance, I did not have protected no claims bonus on this policy, I have two other policies for other vehicles will it also affect them?

Lose 2 years NCB and +30% onto your premium for the next 5 years seems to be the standard. Your other policies will only be effected come renewal time, if they are in your name.

I don't know why insurance companies hikes your premium up when you make a claim, it's not like you have a choice when your car is stolen!? Have you made a claim in the last 5 years sir? Yes - ok +30% or whatever it is!(unless it's different for a theft of a vehicle.)