Insurance renewal time - what fun this is

The Doctor

Reaction score
Website
www.wbmcc.com
One of my favourite times of the year is when the "Your Insurance Renewal Quote" envelope drops through the letter box onto the door mat. Oh, the joy of opening it up to see what benefit I'll see from another year of safe, conviction-free and claim-free driving. And what fun I have on the internet (steady!) searching comparison websites, entering the same data into the same little boxes time & again to find out how eager other companies are to insure me for a better price than my current insurer. Yes, this is truly one of life's great experiences.

NOT.

This year it's gone up 20% to £480. How is this possible? If everyone else is crashing or claiming, sting them not me! Maybe the solution is to buy one of those great little Toyota Aygos so I can be smug in the fact that I only pay £35 road tax and don't suffocate rabbits and daisies with my CO2 pollution as I make my merry way through the countryside.

Well I tell you what, life's too short for that. I'm having an S3 and I'm driving it in the way Audi intended. Rabbits & daisies you'd better watch out!

Aaaaarrrgh! :aggressive:

Have you tried Greenlight buddy? My renewal went down £70 or so this year & others on here & VAGOC have saved quite a bit too. They'll insure all areas unlike some & are easy to deal with - cheap for modded cars.

First year I've not shopped around for 20 years...:yahoo:

Just re-read this - I'm not on any commission BTW!

Yeah I tried them online and it came in £200 more than my renewal quote! Think I'll give them a call to check it - seemed odd to me.

That's crazy! How old are you? Are all the cars around you on bricks or something?

Anyone know if there's a way of finding out the "risk rating" of your postcode?

thats the annoying thing its not a bad area . i live a quarter of a mile away from the new bbc media city on salford quays . but would you believe it the post office have given them there own post code so all those living on the quays in there multi million pound penthouses will get cheap car insurance . as regards age 51

Yeah I tried them online and it came in £200 more than my renewal quote! Think I'll give them a call to check it - seemed odd to me.

I'd do that fella - I didn't know they did online quotes & they've been really helpful on the phone to me...

Paid £675 for my 2008 Audi S3 today, I am 32, 3yrs NCB living in London. Admiral/Elephant was the best quote for the 4th year. Over the past yr I got the car chipped, miltek exhaust and tinted windows so I declared them all. Everyone else was £1000+. Weirdly the price comparison websites (Confused, comparethemarket, gocompare) all gave different prices for the Admiral quote (£675-745). Obviously I used the cheapest and triple checked the coverage.

Skyinsurance wouldn't quote as they don't quote if you live in London and park in the street (rules 98% of Londoners out then).

Adrianflux also wouldn't quote

Ahhh what fun. Glad it's out the way for another year

skyinsurance would not cover me because i live in manchester? so all the people who are coming from london from the bbc your goosed!

Cost me £470 on my 3.0 TDi S-Line with Aviva

Aviva are the cheapest place i ever had insurance from as they do 12 months for the price of 10 and 20% loyalty bonus.

Admiral want £750+ for the same quote.

Age - 27

Full no claims Discount

Post Code Rating = A

skyinsurance would not cover me because i live in manchester? so all the people who are coming from london from the bbc your goosed!

no there not mate they have been given there own special post code .even though the new bbc complex is less than a quarter of a mile away from where i live . because they are special you see ?

i live in peel green might see if i can get hold of jake humphrey's see if i can insure at his gaff ;-)

ok, so I have ALOT of points, through my m/bike, I have insured the wife on the Audi solely and I have insured myself fully comp on her Astra because it is a damn site cheaper to insure both that way rather than just the Audi for me, I am now 3rd party fire and theft on the Audi right? why do more people not do this?

My A4 Cabby 3.0V6, gone up from £300 to £500 in 1 year... What a rip off....

ok, so I have ALOT of points, through my m/bike, I have insured the wife on the Audi solely and I have insured myself fully comp on her Astra because it is a damn site cheaper to insure both that way rather than just the Audi for me, I am now 3rd party fire and theft on the Audi right? why do more people not do this?

You are 3rd party mate only if your insurance gives you that coverage when driving other cars. Some do, some don't. Make sure you check the small print

yes, i have, but it is much cheaper than insuring myself 3rd partyFAF on the Audi!! insurance is the biggest over expense at the moment! its illegal to drive without it yet private profit making companies can charge you what they like?