Insurance renewal time - recommendations

Jud

Reaction score
Hi all,

Time to renew the insurance on the s3, admiral have decided to put it up to £550 So time to shop around

Declaring cosmetic mods, splitter, grille, spoiler and rear diffuser

Money supermarket quotes coming in around 350ish from ensure & performance direct

Anybody have other recommendations to try before I commit?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux and Herts (HIC), been with both before and currently with Adrian Flux on a modified scheme, they charge no extra for cosmetic modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jud
Esure were the best price for me, hitting 35 has had some benefits

Car insurance is a highly individual thing....no 2 people will be quoted the same premium even if all their details appear to be the same. What is good for one person may not be good for another.
I was just in the position of buying my new S3 exactly a week before my insurance was due for renewal.
I had been with Hastings Direct for the past 10 years, and while they waived any admin charges for the week before my renewal, their annual price was going to be £500. Curiously this price was £100 more than what they would have wanted to insure my previous 2017 Honda Civic Type R FK8......but I put this down to the S3 having a poor track record as a frequently stolen car.
I shopped around and the cheapest price for the level of cover I wanted was with Saga - £430 including legal expenses, protected no claims and £100 total excess.
Looking through the comparison sites I simply could not get any cheaper short of fitting one of those black boxes.....and I wasn't about to even consider that at my age!!

Last edited:
I'm with LV who are sympathetic towards mods

Time to renew the insurance on the s3, admiral have decided to put it up to £550 So time to shop around
Trying on the inflated auto-renewal wheeze again. Sheesh.

Insurance companies wouldn't do it if nobody ever fell for it, but obviously they do, and in big enough numbers to make it worthwhile trying it on again and again.

I've just been through this exact same thing, and with Admiral. Our daughter's 8P auto-renewal came in at over £130 higher than last year's premium, so I rang them up to ask why, bearing in mind the only thing that had changed was that everything (and everybody) was a year older.

The result of the conversation was a reduction in the renewal premium of £127.

It's worth a three quid increase not to have to spend hours I'll never get back filling in countless comparison sites with all the details of hundreds of speeding tickets, at least fifteen at-fault accidents, three hit-and-runs, a culpable homicide and a criminal record as long as a gibbon's arm. Boy, is that a pain in the ar*e.

If you haven't tried it, ring 'em up. Give them and earful and you'll get nowhere; be nice and you probably will.

You won't know unless you try.

Reactions: NevMan, Rolly12 and Jud
I'm with LV who are sympathetic towards mods

Have LV multicar on Q5 and Mini JCW for £460...bargain. One has 9 year Protected NCD the other zero (have been one car family until recently)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying on the inflated auto-renewal wheeze again. Sheesh.

Insurance companies wouldn't do it if nobody ever fell for it, but obviously they do, and in big enough numbers to make it worthwhile trying it on again and again.

I've just been through this exact same thing, and with Admiral. Our daughter's 8P auto-renewal came in at over £130 higher than last year's premium, so I rang them up to ask why, bearing in mind the only thing that had changed was that everything (and everybody) was a year older.

The result of the conversation was a reduction in the renewal premium of £127.

It's worth a three quid increase not to have to spend hours I'll never get back filling in countless comparison sites with all the details of hundreds of speeding tickets, at least fifteen at-fault accidents, three hit-and-runs, a culpable homicide and a criminal record as long as a gibbon's arm. Boy, is that a pain in the ar*e.

If you haven't tried it, ring 'em up. Give them and earful and you'll get nowhere; be nice and you probably will.

You won't know unless you try.

I did call them, they offered to knock £22 off lol

Reactions: Phutters
I'll try some of the mentioned companies & report back

jeeez makes mine look bad now, mine will be up in couple months an am lookin at about £700(i usually just pay upfront) with esure, 5yrs no claims. but only last month i finally dropped 9points off my license PMSL, was a long 3years that i tell you lol. also declared engine remap and cold air feed mods etc.

but they ask on these websites within last 5yrs for any convictions so even though they not on your license it must still effect the premium??

dont think i seen Adrian Flux on comparison website either?