Insurance question

rickparmar

Reaction score
insurance time again.

i now have 5 years no claims :)

Q1 - is it better to pay the extra to protect them ? (£70 in my case) and if i didnt protect them and something happened would i lose them all ?

Q2 - legal protection, is that worth the £20 extra ?

:ohmy:
insurance time again.

i now have 5 years no claims :)

Q1 - is it better to pay the extra to protect them ? quote]

i have full no claims, my saab turbo had an attempted theft, when they couldnt the slashed the leather seats broke anything and everything inside it and poured paint all over outside of it :ohmy::sob: insurance paid out in full and i still have full no claims which i transfered to my audi so IMO yes it is worth the little extra, because you just never know one morning you wake up and some C**T has thought i'll have this audi for a joyride! you may be good driver but you can never know what other drivers could do:salute:

Defo worth it in both cases imo. How many years ncb you loose varies depending on claim type and cost.

Personal preference, but from my own experience NCD protection isn't worth it. To start with you will not loose all your NCD in the event of an accident. Also the NCD is only applicable to the insurer you are using at present. If for some reason you have an accident and change insurers the new insurers will ask if you have had any accidents. Just because you have protected NCD you will still have to inform them and they will only offer a %, not your 5 years. I had this happen to me and although my discount was protected they still put the insurance up significantly saying all insurance has increased.

Mac

Every insurer I have used is happy to carry across the NCB with proof from the previous insurer

Legal protection well worth it

Protecting your NCB well worth it

IMHO

( and I am on 13 years NCB - although I dont think I actually benefit once I am above 5 years)

Thanks guys

i think it make sense to pay extra and cover the ncb and pay extra for legal cover.

now i have to start getting insurance quotes

I always protect my ncd and legal protection is a definate...

I used privilege cost £501 for year ncp fully comp. Was well impressed as i was 26 when took policy out,

im with admiral and im only 21 with 1 years no claims and im abour 1400 fro the year which im happy with
i'm same as you, going to be getting an S3 in the next month or so, direct line have quoted me 950

i think most companies give you 3 strikes before you loose your protected no claims bonus, friend of mine has about 6-7 years protected.. car had been trashed over night, insurance sorted it all out, only lost one strike, NCB not affected.

I always thought you lose 2 years no claims when you do make a claim. Not matter how many years NCB you have, the max is five, so if you have 30 years NCB and you have a bump, apart from being an OAP, you will only have 3 years NCB for your insurance the following year if it's not protected.

For every claim you make when ncp you loose a percentage of your no claims. Google it i've seen a few stats.