Insurance Question for those with weekend toys.

bleedout

Reaction score
quick question for you guys.
In a couple months im looking at getting myself a weekend toy for the odd blast in good(ish) weather.

Just wondering what do you guys do for them insurance wise?.
Two policies one for each car or do some of you use the multi-car discount you can get with some companies?
only asking as the 2nd car will most likely be a garage goblin and will spend rolled out 10 meters cleaned and reversed back 10 meters.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Depends on what car it is? I hardly use my S3, it's insured on a normal policy for upto 5k miles I think, but I will probably do 2-3k?

I also have a 1989 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v which I insure as a classic car, limited to 4k miles a year, and that's like 200 quid F/C without any need for NCB.

Depends on what car it is? I hardly use my S3, it's insured on a normal policy for upto 5k miles I think, but I will probably do 2-3k?

I also have a 1989 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v which I insure as a classic car, limited to 4k miles a year, and that's like 200 quid F/C without any need for NCB.

its a 1990 Celica GT4, belong to my Bro at the moment but he could be off to Auz for a year so i get his freshly re-built GT4 to store / play with / finish paintwork on.

just the prospect of paying almost £500 a year for a car that will be lucky if it racks up 2k miles in the year.
but allot of the company's advertise the multi-car policy's but so far the actual discounts aren't great over my A4 Avant and the Celica.

We insure many customers with weekend toys. We usually 'Mirror' NCB over to the second car but we also have a multicar policy option.

Feel free to get in touch:

Tel: 03303 331250