Insurance premiums 'set to soar' after compensation changes

The insurance policy cost gets hit from many angles - how many of the people on this forum talking about remaps etc. have declared these alterations to their insurance company?

Sickening aint it... My insurance renewal was last month, went up £50 (after shopping around) despite no change to my circumstances and a extra years no claims being gained. Hate to think what it's going to be next year.
Nice big boost to my council tax this year as well! Shame my wages are not raising to match.

And Retroman, you'd be suprised how many people actually do declare their modifications. Mine definitely all are, even down to my club stickers.

Reactions: xpoweruk
And Retroman, you'd be surprised how many people actually do declare their modifications. Mine definitely all are, even down to my club stickers.

Ditto

They need to stem the toxic use of claims management companies and the massive costs associated with them and constantly trying to get people to claim for personal injuries.
I had an accident two weeks ago, and so far have had to deal with;
Insurer -> Passed me onto a "Claims management firm" aka a solicitor to manage my claim -> Their using a third part insurer to "handle" my hire car and "absorb" the costs so i don't to worry about them. It's no wonder insurance is so high, I massively regret using my own insurer and really wish i had gone direct with the other insurance company to deal with this. They seemed much more efficient in there solution proposal.

It also highlighted the difference between insurers, my neighbour had an accident a day before me, her car was in the garage and she had a hire car in 24 hours, she had her car back fully repaired before mine had even had the insurers assessor come look it over.

Sorely disappointed, and i will be changing insurer next year.

And Retroman, you'd be suprised how many people actually do declare their modifications. Mine definitely all are, even down to my club stickers.

What about the various members with gutted DPFs...? I suspect they will have a hard time declaring that considering their car is no longer road legal....

Always wondered how people weigh up the risk of not declaring modifications and paying for a premium that could be worth less than the paper it's written on, where one big accident could, financially, absolutely ruin them.

Can't speak for diesel owners, i avoid diesels like the plague due to the fact they have dpfs mostly, all i ever hear is problems

:eek: and to think my quote for the S3 was £700. I'm 34 with 10 years no claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk