Insurance Options with "Drive other cars" cover, for a 23yo?

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Missus just got the renewal thru for the A4 (with Bell), and not only has it jumped from £600 to £1400, but they've kindly "Upgraded" us to the standard Bell policy and in the process removed the "Drive other cars" part of the policy without any notification.

I've run some quotes online, and have had some sensible prices around the £600-700mark, but from what i can tell none of these insurers will offer the "drive any cars" addon because shes only 23. Seems a bit rediculous, as its not as though shes insuring some little crappy 1.1 saxo then blasting round the place in something bigger and more powerful, its a group 17 car.

So does anyone know of any insurer that will allow a 23yo to do this?

Shes with bell just now (same group as elephant), who allowed it, until now.

One would presume that your missus' policy will drop it on renewal too.

I didn't think these policies existed, unless you had proof of a mechanics license etc?

I didn't think these policies existed, unless you had proof of a mechanics license etc?

Yeah they cover the other car third party only.

I've noticed that a lot of people seem to assume (oldies most often in my experience) that by having a fully comp policy it means they can drive other cars without actually checking if their policy allows them to or not.

Yeah they cover the other car third party only.

I've noticed that a lot of people seem to assume (oldies most often in my experience) that by having a fully comp policy it means they can drive other cars without actually checking if their policy allows them to or not.

My father included (noticed when going to test drive my S3). Hadn't reaslised you could get them still without a clear reason (mechanics license etc), my bad :)