Insurance issue after stolen claim

MagpieMatt

Reaction score
Hi

My car was stolen last month then wrote off in a RTC with west midlands police. Ive brought a new car and ive been shopping round for new insurance, ive noticed theres ALOT of companies that won't insure me, baring in mind im 26 clean licence with 6yncb (was named for first few years)

Anyway I rang through to Chris Knott and Sky insurance this morning and they both refused to insure me because a 'fault' claim even though its not my fault my car was stolen was on my record within the last 12months!

Ive even had an Autowatch Ghost, tracker and use a crook lock overnight as a deterrent added to my new car.

Luckily theres a few top brokers and underwriters that are willing, however only a handful compared to normally everyones offering me something.

Has anyone had to deal with with garbage before?

Matt

Car insurance is the biggest scam ever.....and they wonder why people don’t bother to insure when the thieving scum treat people who do insure like dirt. I think it’s a disgrace that insurance companies important detail in minuscule writing in terms and conditions. Direct line and priviledge seem ok as both are UK insurance and provide summaries of the key salient points. Most people I will bet don’t realise that you are not insured if you leave windows down or convertible roof undone.

Reactions: RS3 S.
I'm was a named drive and had a bump in the car, not at fault and all costs reclaimed yet my dad insurance on another vehicle went up because he was the policy holder it's a joke!

Both of these examples are an absolute joke!

To add to the list, my quote went down by £250 when I changed my address to my parents gaff which is literally 2 miles down the road. How can the different of 2 miles in location equate to a £250 increase in price!

Reactions: Seanchadwick2k3
I can beat that one mate, I moved a couple of years ago to a house so close we carried half of our stuff there and had a similar increase!

Here's another. When my son moved out of our house with his gf they put his premium up by c20% due to the change of post code. Anyway 2 years later and he's moved back to a rented property just around the corner from me; so back to the original post code. I was fully expecting a rebate, but they put his premium up again. This was with a different insurer, but surely there must be consistencies. I was gobsmacked.

Reactions: RS3 S. and Seanchadwick2k3
Hi.
With regards to the theft incident I fully sympathize with you regards theft claims but unfortunately generally with most insurers they are treated as an "at fault claim" unless a full recovered in costs can be made.
Have you tried ourselves for insurance at all?
Regards,
Dan.

............i've heard that some companies even take a ''speed awarnes course'' now as an excuse to put up the cost?. I was always under the thought that these were instead of the 3 points fixed penatley notice & there was no need to disclose the course as no points added to you'r licence?. Car insurance along with most others is the biggest con going.

............i've heard that some companies even take a ''speed awarnes course'' now as an excuse to put up the cost?. I was always under the thought that these were instead of the 3 points fixed penatley notice & there was no need to disclose the course as no points added to you'r licence?. Car insurance along with most others is the biggest con going.
Hi.
Just to let you know that none of our insurance schemes require the disclosure of a speed awareness course.
Regards,
Dan

Reactions: RS3 S.