Insurance is on the up !

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Just got my re-newal through £100 more than last year with no claims made. Personally think its a joke, i understand the industry was hit over xmas due to the bad weather but those you havent claimed shouldnt be penalised, solely my insurance comapanies have made 100% profit on me over a number of years anyway thats my thoughts on the subject.

If anyone can recommend good insurers please let me know i searched the obvious gocompare, comparethemarket, tescocompare, quoteline, LV, AF not much joy.

Matt

Last edited:
they were both included in the comparison sites bell are looking favourite

Aviva is the best for me, £400 cheaper than the next best.

just got quoted £9222.19 to insure the car by right choice, fortunately they offer 8 x £970.85 installments with a Deposit £2305.55

Audi insurance Full Payment Insurance policy price £89303.20 or £13399.53 deposit followed by 11 monthly payments by direct debit of £8041.75

You gotta laugh !

You know how much my dad got quoted for on my fiesta once.. £9450.66!!!! And that was from the AA. For fun, i rang the company up and pretended that it was the cheapest quote, the guy was soo baffled and after i said that, "oh this was the cheapest quote i could find so i have to go with it" he said, "it isnt the cheapest of insurance but you do get some good benefits!"... i replied, "good benefits.. mate, i bought this car for £900, im 53 years old with 30yrs+ ncb (acted as my dad) and your asking me to pay 10 and a half times the value of my car? Will i write it off 10 and a half times?" Then he said.. "well im pleased we can lower this price" I said, "oh great to what??.. he replied. "To, £9266.22 or £9120.£27 if you take out our breakdown cover." I said, "FANTASTIC.. Im getting my debit card right now.. let me just put you on hold.." CLICK.. i put the phone down. Im with swiftcover now and paying 800ish i think!

For remapped cars, it has to been Greenlight and AdrianFlux, also give SkyInsurance a call, they seem pretty good.

+1

It's all down to personal situations, who wants you this Year etc etc but Greenlight were £200 cheaper than all the others for me & the S3 this time. £400 cheaper than the Sky Insurance quote anyway...

OP - you were lucky your renewal only went up £100 this Year - Direct Line wanted an extra £450 off me with no claims, convictions or changes in the Year! Worth a try...