Insurance hiked up this year???

haywoon

Reaction score
Website
www.944virgin.com
Just had my renewal through - £600 last year and this year £834 !!

ok I thought, usual insurance nob head games. Go on meerkat, all mainstream insurers similar or higher!

2016 8v pfl 45k miles, I’m 43 yrs old, full no claims, no accidents or convictions, 4K miles a year, parked on my driveway (can’t put car in garage it’s already full of another car and motorbike!), no mods.

Seems VERY expensive to me does that. Anyone else had a premium hike or do I just live in the car crime capital of Europe (derby suburb)?

Pointless pic of my car to make thread slightly less dull.

737BEC9E C305 4AA2 90EE FFF74464FFE2

Reactions: jimojameso
Yeah that seems expensive but maybe down to postcode?

I paid £521 in September with QuoteMeHappy, 46 yrs old, full NCB, no points, Norfolk postcode parked on drive, 15k pa mileage, 2 declared claims.

Never know what it’s going to do each year but the current insurer always hikes up the price but I generally find something cheaper and move.

Reactions: haywoon and Sandra
small tip:

you should do your renewal 21 days (golden time) before you want it to start, as the closer it gets to renewal time the dearer it gets as it affects your risk profile. If you are leaving things to the last minute they think you are more reckless/less organised.

Reactions: haywoon
I paid £350 when I first got my RS3 about 3 years ago.

I noticed a nice reduction when I put in my driving licence number on compare the market. And adding my boss to the insurance!

Give Aviva plus a go. My renewal came in last year at 1200 for both cars. Compare the Market all coming in similar. Aviva Plus came in at 600 for both. New product being heavily discounted (or it was 5 months ago)

£688 last year. 37 years old. 10 years NCB. Blackburn Lancashire.
£729 this year. Same details but with 4 points now for speeding. Added my wife to the policy this year.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Something odd with my quotes - I’ve tried aviva, direct line, the usual ones on meerkat etc. It’s due on 29th jan and I’ve been searching since last week. Seems I might just have to live with expensive insurance! I’ll try adding my driver number onto meerkat though to see if it makes any difference plus I might try a call to some brokers too.

Something odd with my quotes - I’ve tried aviva, direct line, the usual ones on meerkat etc. It’s due on 29th jan and I’ve been searching since last week. Seems I might just have to live with expensive insurance! I’ll try adding my driver number onto meerkat though to see if it makes any difference plus I might try a call to some brokers too.
Aviva quoted me £7000!

As I've said before, always phone your broker after getting renewal quote.
I got 20% reduction.

O/T but Admiral renewal was £1850 for our 2 cars and I got it for £1200 by shopping around.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I’m 51, live in a low risk area, got 6 points from a sp30 last summer and nine years NCB. Just sold my X6 M50d with insurance costing £350. Now waiting for my RS3 which due in March.

Have been running weekly quotes across a number of comparison sites. The variation is crazy. Last week’s cheapest cover was £343. This week it is £450. The company quoting £343 last week is now quoting £817.00. Surely they can’t be adjusting their risk profiles so radically over such a short time.

A lot of old people on here with rs3's!! I thought they were more the boy racer/drug dealer car.

Reactions: infernox, Riko0073 and sve170
A lot of old people on here with rs3's!! I thought they were more the boy racer/drug dealer car.

Absolutely not, the slightly older generation grew up when cars were real cars along with all the issues they came with.
Why not buy an RS3, amazing motor, can usually afford to order new with all high spec options and insurance premiums in the low hundreds.

Win, win all round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Madmo and haywoon
Hi Haywoon,

Have you tried Audi Direct Insurance? I was paying £580 on my S3 on my 18-19 insurance through Go Skippy, i had my car stolen in March then bought the new RS3, i pay £595 for that through Audi, I only called them to activate my 7 day free insurance, they asked if i would like a quote so i said yeh, after getting several quotes of £800- £1200 i was well chuffed, i got my RS is August this year so i think they are worth a try.

Oh & i'm 48 with 7 years NCB & 6 points (company cars before then)

Reactions: sve170 and haywoon
Absolutely not, the slightly older generation grew up when cars were real cars along with all the issues they came with.
Why not buy an RS3, amazing motor, can usually afford to order new with all high spec options and insurance premiums in the low hundreds.

Win, win all round

A lot of young uns drive them around here. Saw a 2019 saloon other day and the driver must have been low 20s.
Another 67 reg Nardo he must be similar age. Although not seen that for a while, mummy and daddy must have cut his allowance.

Try deleting your cookies, browsing history etc before running the next quote, create a new ID for the comparison sites

A lot of young uns drive them around here. Saw a 2019 saloon other day and the driver must have been low 20s.
Another 67 reg Nardo he must be similar age. Although not seen that for a while, mummy and daddy must have cut his allowance.

Or in a ditch

Or in a ditch
Possibly! He was a bit of a maniac.
What must insurance cost at 20ish years old? I'm 3 years off 40 and pay just over £700.
They must be paying £3000+ surely?

Possibly! He was a bit of a maniac.
What must insurance cost at 20ish years old? I'm 3 years off 40 and pay just over £700.
They must be paying £3000+ surely?

You’d think so unless he’s a named driver instead. It’s crazy what some will pay for insurance etc to have a nice car when young.

Just had my renewal through - £600 last year and this year £834 !!

ok I thought, usual insurance nob head games. Go on meerkat, all mainstream insurers similar or higher!

2016 8v pfl 45k miles, I’m 43 yrs old, full no claims, no accidents or convictions, 4K miles a year, parked on my driveway (can’t put car in garage it’s already full of another car and motorbike!), no mods.

Seems VERY expensive to me does that. Anyone else had a premium hike or do I just live in the car crime capital of Europe (derby suburb)?

Pointless pic of my car to make thread slightly less dull.

View attachment 196231
Have you contacted our site sponsors for a quote?. You do get a club discount, may be worth a try. Links below.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/aib-insurance-club-membership.409336/#post-3527656

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...-and-top-quality-service.411838/#post-3535481

Reactions: infernox, haywoon and 8YARWY
You’d think so unless he’s a named driver instead. It’s crazy what some will pay for insurance etc to have a nice car when young.
I remember paying £1500 insurance for a Clio 172 when I was 19. Going back quite a few years now!

Reactions: RS03_SEN
Hi Haywoon,

Have you tried Audi Direct Insurance? I was paying £580 on my S3 on my 18-19 insurance through Go Skippy, i had my car stolen in March then bought the new RS3, i pay £595 for that through Audi, I only called them to activate my 7 day free insurance, they asked if i would like a quote so i said yeh, after getting several quotes of £800- £1200 i was well chuffed, i got my RS is August this year so i think they are worth a try.

Oh & i'm 48 with 7 years NCB & 6 points (company cars before then)

Good shout no I haven’t but I will do!

Reactions: Sandra

My daughter at 25 also has a fully loaded 2019 FL RS3, she has been building up her no claims now for 8yrs on a few really nice motors, all been VW or Audi TT & S3’s.
She has always had her own insurance from day one, it pays in the long term and she also pays her finance every month. Her insurance is not as high as some on here.

From memory her RS3 insurance is only about £700, and every option was declared to the insurance company.

And mum & dad are certainly NOT paying for any of it, our motto ‘if you cannot afford it or meet the relevant monthly payments you cannot buy it.

Reactions: Chris S 1245
My daughter at 25 also has a fully loaded 2019 FL RS3, she has been building up her no claims now for 8yrs on a few really nice motors, all been VW or Audi TT & S3’s.
She has always had her own insurance from day one, it pays in the long term and she also pays her finance every month. Her insurance is not as high as some on here.

From memory her RS3 insurance is only about £700, and every option was declared to the insurance company.

And mum & dad are certainly NOT paying for any of it, our motto ‘if you cannot afford it or meet the relevant monthly payments you cannot buy it.

Is insurance generally cheaper for women?
Mine came down a couple of hundred when I added my wife as named driver. Her insurance covers her to drive other cars but not mine. No idea why. So I put her on the actual policy. At least she's fully comp then too.
Reckon I'd have got it for £500 had I not got 4 points quite recently.

Never heard of anyone declaring options. They're not modifications.

Reactions: sve170
Dull thread indeed!

Car looks great tho :) I like the silver with the blue.

ok I have an update!

firstly thank you to everyone who has shared their insurance details it’s been useful!

Sandra, your recommendation was spot on - Chris Knott insurance, forum sponsor have come good! After going to all the mainstream insurers and some not so mainstream I was drawing blanks. Audi wanted £1150 !

I got fully comp, protected no claims, me and our lass insured for SDP&C, 4000 miles a year, legal cover, £250 excess - £556 for the year - considering I have had quotes from £800 to £1500 that’s a ****** bargain and they seem to get reasonable reviews too.

so on that basis I will be taking out a policy with these guys tomorrow!

Thanks Sandra! Hopefully this proves useful for anyone else getting spanked by insurance companies with no obvious reason.

Reactions: Sandra, Terminator x and sve170
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.

ok I have an update!

firstly thank you to everyone who has shared their insurance details it’s been useful!

Sandra, your recommendation was spot on - Chris Knott insurance, forum sponsor have come good! After going to all the mainstream insurers and some not so mainstream I was drawing blanks. Audi wanted £1150 !

I got fully comp, protected no claims, me and our lass insured for SDP&C, 4000 miles a year, legal cover, £250 excess - £556 for the year - considering I have had quotes from £800 to £1500 that’s a ****** bargain and they seem to get reasonable reviews too.

Thanks Sandra! Hopefully this proves useful for anyone else getting spanked by insurance companies with no obvious reason.
That’s awesome. I’m glad you got such an excellent deal. :) :thumbs up:

ok I have an update!

4000 miles a year? Get a push bike!

Why are you assuming That Just because they are young they can’t have nice things through their own hard work . I bought my S4 B9 at Age 20 and can afford the monthly repayments. No help from mum and dad. Maybe you need to look at the bigger picture we’re not all spoilt

Why are you assuming That Just because they are young they can’t have nice things through their own hard work . I bought my S4 B9 at Age 20 and can afford the monthly repayments. No help from mum and dad. Maybe you need to look at the bigger picture we’re not all spoilt
Do you want a blue peters badge or something?
S4...RS3. Not quite the same but well done anyway.
I remember a story about a drug dealer in the paper. He had a Nissan GT-R and an RS3. Someone claimed that they also had 2 cars so the drug dealer wasn't that well off. His cars were an A4 and an S1.

Affording monthly payments is just one part of it. What about fuel? Insurance, tax, servicing, repairs, brakes etc etc.

Since MSE did a piece on the '21 day sweet spot' insurers have tweaked pricing, I would recommend you get a quote as I did on 27 days from your renewal, and then re run that quote upto day 19. Then select the best quote,

On day 27 mine was around £800 (My renewal was £950) on day 22 it was £595 it then started to rise again so I went back and took out the quote for £595.

It really is a joke insurance, you can't walk into a shop and expect the pricing to be different each day, it should cost what it costs!

Reactions: sve170, haywoon and infernox
When I rang admiral to tell them I was not renewing with them you can guess what happened. £112 off the quote price due to them "updating some details".

This is the world we live in - I politely declined and insured with Chris Knott brokers and explained to the Admiral lady, if you want my business dont treat me like a nob....I can be a nob without anyone's help. And I'm not getting at just Admiral - I had the same experience with Direct Line and my home insurance too - dropped the price hugely once I challenged it.

Reactions: Sandra
When I rang admiral to tell them I was not renewing with them you can guess what happened. £112 off the quote price due to them "updating some details".

This is the world we live in - I politely declined and insured with Chris Knott brokers and explained to the Admiral lady, if you want my business dont treat me like a nob....I can be a nob without anyone's help. And I'm not getting at just Admiral - I had the same experience with Direct Line and my home insurance too - dropped the price hugely once I challenged it.
thats how another "tactic" of mine is to sometimes tell them a far cheaper invented renewal quote.

What broker are you referring to? I don't think I've ever used one.
I'm using the word "broker" as a general term for whoever is dealing with your insurance policy, in my case it's Elephant.