Insurance Company for 19 Year old

luke2702

Reaction score
My daughters boyfriend has just bought his first car a Pug 106 1.2 but he is struggling to get his insurance under 4k. Anyone know any companys that deal with youngsters. He has only had his licence for 6 months.

Thanks

at that age, Directline where always good for me.

adrian flux where good for me when i was 20 i had a civic 300bhp turbo with them at under half the cost of what you have being qouted ring around the companys in back of auto trader ad max power ect as i always found there cheaper than any online also try ringing rather than applying on net found you get it cheaper that way aswell

Im 19, always used direct line, churchill are also good, usually a hunderd over or a hundred under directlines price, haggle though they will always knock it down abit.

My first car (1.2 corsa) was 1200 for my first year of driving, now paying 2700 for my a3.

Youngmarmelade are meant to be very good, just for young drivers, lots of awards, recomendations etc.

Im 19, always used direct line, churchill are also good, usually a hunderd over or a hundred under directlines price, haggle though they will always knock it down abit.

My first car (1.2 corsa) was 1200 for my first year of driving, now paying 2700 for my a3.

Youngmarmelade are meant to be very good, just for young drivers, lots of awards, recomendations etc.

Was that in your own name?

Thanks for the replys lads will get him to ring round a few tomorrow.

Admiral have always been untouchable for me when i was younger, 1.2 punto was costing me around a grand at that age, but everywhere else was about 1500...
Try also adding some older drivers like parents as named on the policy that can bring the cost down.

It can always be good to start as a name'd driver at the start, for a year or so then the insurance will be cheaper or try to put someone who has had their licence for a while as a named driver, always seemed to bring my insurance down when I had a parent on as named by £200 / £300.

Just phone about, Pass plass will help but for the first year it will be very painfull. Add mum or dad to the policy as this can bring it down. Don't be tempted to get mum or dad to insure and then him go as the named driver as this is insurance fronting (fraud) in the event of a claim he and his parents will get ******** beyond all belief

Not sure what there like for young whipper snappers, but Chris Knott has been good for me for the last 10 years. Never been beaten on price :)

Just don't ever have to need to claim with any of the Admiral group (Bell, Elephant, Diamond) especially if you have any non standard parts fitted as they are a total shower of sh*t.

I wouldn't let those morons insure my toaster never mind anything as precious to me as my cars

Phil you swine, I cant get past £2300pa on an S3.. 21 w/ 3 years.

When I was 17 and I got my first car (Punto 1.2) the cheapest insurance was Directline or Tesco at £3000 (this was 4 years ago mind so insurance has no doubt soared since then)... so I settled to have my sister on as first driver, she was 19 and she knocked it down to £1500. With directline though as a named driver I was building up my own no claims, so there wasnt any downsides...

Back when I was 17, it was just below £1700 on a 1.4 206 fully comp under my own name with Endsleigh.

@P5SND - How the hell did you manage that!

Paid £1400 TPFT on my first car (mk3 polo CL, 1.0) with provident.
Paid £800 on a mk3 polo GT (1.3) with more than 2 years later.

I would try elephant or admiral, as others have said. I have been quoted £1200 for an 8l s3 at 20yrs old 3rs ncb, at 18, they charged me £1000 for my A4 2.4 with 1 NCB. all fully comp, me as main driver etc etc