1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance companies if you haven’t had your own policy for 2 years?

Sprintblu3 May 28, 2018

1. Sprintblu3

Sprintblu3 Active Member

hi guys,

I have bought myself a new car but haven’t had my own policy for 2 years 3 months. I did my new insurance policy all online today and sent off my no claims bonus online which they will email me back a confirmation letter within 5 days. BUT today my dad has told which I have never known that if you don’t drive or have your own policy for 2 years your no claims go back down to 0! But I have already paid in full and hope Aviva May be a bit lenient for me and Let me off as I have been a named driver for the last 2/3 years.
    Has anyone else has this happen to them in the past especially with Aviva and what was the outcome?

Kind regards
    Jack

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RS4B5

RS4B5 5 pots

Yep just another money making scheme

4. DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Hi.
    Just to let you know that the majority of insurers will only accept NCB if it's within 2 years old I'm afraid. Hopefully you wont have any issues with Aviva but if you do need any assistance then please feel free to drop me a line as we have a number of schemes that will allow NCB if it is over 2 years old.
    Regards,
    Dan.

5. Sprintblu3

Sprintblu3 Active Member

Hi, it has all been sorted and my NCD has been accepted

6. sve170

sve170 Active Member Audi S3 Audi RS3

My wife is main driver of our car (everyday) and me named driver for many years now, and I still receive the same NCD as wife.
    Insurance have confirmed to us that I will receive same NCD even being named driver.

Policy is with Churchill Insurance for a few years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk