Insurance claim query

voteforpedro

Reaction score
Claim is dragging on a bit and it turns out I may not be found liable afterall. I lodged the claim with my insurance company - if the taxi driver turns out to be liable, what happens? Does he have to pay the excess to his insurance company I walk away a free man? Do I still have to declare it as a claim when I renew in future?

Will this increase my premium or just affect their decision to insure me?

Will increase your premium. Who you insured with? And whats the accident circumstances?
your insurance fixed your car or you awaiting liability to be admitted? sorry with all the questions i work insurance so could be some help.

Will increase your premium. Who you insured with? And whats the accident circumstances?
your insurance fixed your car or you awaiting liability to be admitted? sorry with all the questions i work insurance so could be some help.

Insured by Highway via Brentacre. Basically I tried to turn in front of a taxi on a one way round with two lanes not realising it was one way, and he clipped me on the O/S. I was TPFT.

Also another question - if he is found to be liable and I am TPTF, will his insurer pay out for my car?

Well for starters who was actually at fault? If you've made the **** up (it sounds like you've turned infront of him without looking), you shouldnt be trying to pin the blame on the other guy. You'd be seriously ****** off if someone crashed into you, and then said it was your fault...

IF it was his fault, and the insurance companies agree with that, then his insurance will pay for the damage to your car (or write it off and give you money for a new one).

Well for starters who was actually at fault? If you've made the **** up (it sounds like you've turned infront of him without looking), you shouldnt be trying to pin the blame on the other guy. You'd be seriously ****** off if someone crashed into you, and then said it was your fault...

IF it was his fault, and the insurance companies agree with that, then his insurance will pay for the damage to your car (or write it off and give you money for a new one).

I already admitted liability to my insurer. If they are challenging it with the other party, what can I do?

I am in the middle of breaking my car, so I guess I will get nothing anyway now.

have to agree with aragorn been in this situation when other driver was completly at fault, even admitted it to police and i had 2 witnesses then he tried to sue me through one of those ****** claim companys

unless he was travelling the wrong way in a one way system then it sounds like your fault but insurance wants to pay out as little as possible (also taxi driver is probably claiming for everything he can non existing whiplash loss of earnings etc..)

just carry on and leave them to it

hang on, why would you have to declare any accident if it didn't involve a claim?
Insurers are only interested in costs not whether you dinged your door on a shoping trolley and didn't bother getting it fixed.

not sure what happened Pedro but if your insurer is willing to go out on a limb and pursue something that you have already admitted liability to then you should stick with them!! insurers on the whole wont make any representations without instruction from the client and even then they will see it as "too much like hard work"!

I had a Disco turn right on a roundabout whilst in the outside lane and not indicating.
As I was approaching the roundabout from the opposite entrance in the left lane and he basically verred right into me it was his fault, no arguement. vehicle position was a dead giveaway,
Insurers tried to settle in his favour until I argued with them. makes a difference that he was a doctor and I was 19!! doesn't mean he is right though!

I am very confused mate. I was happy to accept responsibility and move on with my life but 2 months later I'm still getting phone calls asking for more info. I know the other party has already claimed that there was a child in the taxi which, as far as I am concerned (and hopefully the witnesses) is a lie.

I know the other party has already claimed that there was a child in the taxi which, as far as I am concerned (and hopefully the witnesses) is a lie.
That is just emotional blackmail and has no part in any legal issue.
Doesn't/shouldn't matter who/what was in any car in an accident, unless of course that child was distracting the taxi driver meaning he wasn't paying full attention to his driving.
So it works both ways ;-)

oh I think it does make a difference.
if there was a passenger (with or without a child) in the cab they will be pursuing the driver for a claim, driver is then pursuing you (car, loss of earnings, injury etc etc). If that is the case then your insurer will be doing their level best to avoid paying out regardless of your admission of guilt.

The "child" is claiming whiplash and cuts, even though she left the taxi and the scene before I even got out of the car.

Ah, I was referring to the legal standpoint of guilt/liability, I don't class insurance matters as legal in that respect (that's just arguing over money matters).

Oh, Pedro, that's called 'leaving the scene of an accident' and is a prosecutable offence ;-)

Yes, Devils Advocate is here.. lol

Oh, Pedro, that's called 'leaving the scene of an accident' and is a prosecutable offence ;-)

Yes, Devils Advocate is here.. lol

Sadly apparently she's a child so I doubt they'll prosecute here. :p They're clearly having me on. I mean, if I were in the back of the taxi and suffered injuries to my head and legs, I would make damn sure I got the driver's details. Hell, I would probably call the police myself. I wouldn't just hobble off to work.

Taxi drivers are the worse, claim for every thing i had one say he earned £2k a week had an old bmw 5 series wanted me to hire him a new bmw or audi pha. Lucky i gave him a vectra and i never paid him any LOE as he couldnt prove his income. Then tried faking he broke his arm! Repair was only took a day new bumper and respray.

JCB you have to tell your insurance company of any accident even if your not claiming. Or they can void your policy.

are you working for admiral Ash??

Yes Grant i work for Admiral.

Insured by Highway via Brentacre. Basically I tried to turn in front of a taxi on a one way round with two lanes not realising it was one way, and he clipped me on the O/S. I was TPFT.

Also another question - if he is found to be liable and I am TPTF, will his insurer pay out for my car?

So i take it you pulled a cross his path from the left lane and he hit you? If so you will be at fault.
If the other insurance accept liability yes you can still claim even though your TPFT. If they accept 50% then they will only pay for half of the costs.