Instrument cluster

BlueA6Avant

Reaction score
Just taken delivery of a 2016 A6 Avant 3.0TDI Black Ed, funding made my wait long but worthwhile :) I need to quite a bit of work to the car starting with removing the instrument cluster. Does somebody have instructions or can link me to a set please? Thank you.

more than likely dash out job? could be wrong... how come you need to take it out?

I suspect that you are right. I bought the vehicle with a disclosed intermittent issue where the dash blanks. I suspect a wire harness that may be pulling on a connector as this happens when the vehicle is travelling and seems associated with bumps in the road. A thread in Audizone suggested that a fastener may be missing. This is my first port of call as it’s a relatively straightforward fix.

There is a known software issue with the dash panel, where in instrument panel goes blank. There was a software update from Audi to fix the issue, had it applied to my A6.

Reactions: rjwojcik
Good call B5NUT, thank you. I’m an hour and a half from my Audi dealer here in Scotland, so I’ll check the software version first.

I checked the software version (RMC_EU_P16092) with the Audi dealership and they confirmed dash issue resolved by this update. So, I’m back to square one as I don’t know which parts of the dash need removed or how to remove them: does anyone know where I could find these instructions please?

The dash update was independent to the MMI update, my MMI version never changed when the did the update. Also your version number starts with a P which should means it's the factory firmware that came with the car, and I believe if the update starts with a K then it's had an update at some point in time. Think the dealership is talking porkies!

Now there’s a first! Thanks B5NUT, appreciated. There’s another dealership equidistant from me, I’ll call them.

Carlisle Audi are excellent. Patch installed, no charge! The world's a good place :footy:

Reactions: TheStigOnline and rjwojcik