1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Instrument cluster

BlueA6Avant Nov 20, 2020

1. BlueA6Avant

BlueA6Avant New Member

Just taken delivery of a 2016 A6 Avant 3.0TDI Black Ed, funding made my wait long but worthwhile :) I need to quite a bit of work to the car starting with removing the instrument cluster. Does somebody have instructions or can link me to a set please? Thank you.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. J10NMM

J10NMM Registered User

more than likely dash out job? could be wrong... how come you need to take it out?

4. BlueA6Avant

BlueA6Avant New Member

I suspect that you are right. I bought the vehicle with a disclosed intermittent issue where the dash blanks. I suspect a wire harness that may be pulling on a connector as this happens when the vehicle is travelling and seems associated with bumps in the road. A thread in Audizone suggested that a fastener may be missing. This is my first port of call as it’s a relatively straightforward fix.

5. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Remove trim from around cluster, 2 bolts at the bottom, remove cluster.

6. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

There is a known software issue with the dash panel, where in instrument panel goes blank. There was a software update from Audi to fix the issue, had it applied to my A6.

rjwojcik likes this.
  7. BlueA6Avant

BlueA6Avant New Member

Good call B5NUT, thank you. I’m an hour and a half from my Audi dealer here in Scotland, so I’ll check the software version first.

8. BlueA6Avant

BlueA6Avant New Member

I checked the software version (RMC_EU_P16092) with the Audi dealership and they confirmed dash issue resolved by this update. So, I’m back to square one as I don’t know which parts of the dash need removed or how to remove them: does anyone know where I could find these instructions please?

9. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

The dash update was independent to the MMI update, my MMI version never changed when the did the update. Also your version number starts with a P which should means it's the factory firmware that came with the car, and I believe if the update starts with a K then it's had an update at some point in time. Think the dealership is talking porkies!

10. BlueA6Avant

BlueA6Avant New Member

Now there’s a first! Thanks B5NUT, appreciated. There’s another dealership equidistant from me, I’ll call them.

11. BlueA6Avant

BlueA6Avant New Member

Carlisle Audi are excellent. Patch installed, no charge! The world's a good place :footy:

rjwojcik likes this.