Instrument cluster swap 2007 S3 8P

Eren S3

Pretending to know what I'm doing.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm looking to swap the cluster to the white facelift S3. I've found a cluster with part number 8P0920982L and I am just wondering if I will need anything else to complete the swap?

My current cluster part number is
8P0920981L and I have the code for the immobiliser so I am just wondering if there is anything else I will need or anything to be aware of? I've had a good read through NHN's thread from a few years back but some years separates then from now with hopefully a few more people trying the swap and being able to pass on any tips! I'm expecting a few errors afterwards and possible recalibration of ABS or ESC and a mileage correction.

Are there any facelift white clusters going for sale on here before I look elsewhere? I like to try and keep it local on here if I can before buying elsewhere.

Thanks in advance,
Eren.

No change, just immo, mileage & adaptions, be careful as some mileage tools create defective rom error in cluster afterwards.

Great, thanks for the reply! I'll keep this thread posted on the progress of the swap. What errors should I be looking out for? The guy I know completing the swap for me isn't known for using questionable software which is nice so shouldn't be an issue.

Whose the installer.

Tbh best to keep this in my original thread as its just the same.

Its not questionable software so to speak, its just how some tools have inadvertently affected the clocks firmware.

It's Castle Performance who's doing the swap. Based near Portishead near Bristol.

Ah ok that's good to know, certainly something to watch out for!

That's a good point actually, I'll just update your thread then, wasn't sure to add to it in the first place actually just in case it seemed I was hijacking it!