Installing Bluetooth and iphone 4 phone prep on a3

Johnthespaceman

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just bought a 2010 a3 black edition which has the multifunction steering wheel and concert radio but did not have mobile phone prep or Bluetooth installed. I have looked in the courtesy light and there is no microphone so the Bluetooth is not there. I have seen a few threads about installing the box and it looks doable. I would also like to instal the iPhone 4 holder and charger in the arm rest too.
Does anyone have any experience of fitting the whole lot and if it's worth getting a new unit(s) from Audi or eBay?
Thanks in advance,
John

I have a 2006 a3 and would like to do similar. I have the concert radio, no steerin wheel controls but have a nokia Bluetooth car kit, the one which has a silver round button and a rotating bezel of that makes sense. It does have a connector but as expected its for Nokia and won't work with my iPhone.

I'm looking for the best way to have iPhone/ iPod connectivity.

I've seen a GROM unit on eBay for £90 but was hoping for something better

Can anyone help

Depends on the level of interactivity you want/need, to get full phone & music integration it wont be cheap.

Any suggestions mate. I'm gonna take the head unit out and check the rear connectors and then review my options. Id like to listen to my music from my iPhone on my stereo. But I'd also like to make as take calls too

Am I too demanding

I've seen some USB Bluetooth music adapters on fleabay. USB power from ciggy lighter to power the Bluetooth unit and 3.5 mm jack going to back of stereo. Then play using the Bluetooth via your iPhone

Well depends on how much you want to spend, but to get the real interactivity of the phone with phonebook, call lists etc, then the audi bt solution is the best accompanied by an rns-e, if you had a newer radio or rns-e then an auxin would be possible for the iphone basic connectivity, although you can buy an aftermarket unit to provide an auxin for you to plug the iphone in via headphone socket or a dension which would give you track info via the dis.

I don't need phone book etc just take and make calls. I'll use the phone to select from phone book.

It looks like I just need a simple unit to play my music and charge my iphone

If you used an auxin & the phone was close enough, guess you could use this as a handsfree kit, cant guarantee the mic would be that clear, but certainly they would come through speakers, depending on the kit of course.

I've got the Nokia Bluetooth kit so I'm hopin that will still work even of I play using aux from my iPhone.

Are there any cables that would work with my concert radio in my 56 plate a3?

I've searched eBay for GROM Audi and there are 2 that come up

£89 and £109

They look good, any opinions

Best unit as in what, cause the best for interaction would be the audi ami kit with rns-e mk2 & the audi bt, when it comes to the iphone anyway :)

ok NHN ive got this - The reason I'm confused is that the Denison site shows the concert 2 stereo which I don't have. The stereo is a single din concert stereo

this is what im looking at :

audi01.jpg

so i now need to know which dension kit i need to fulfill my audio dreams in my Sline :)

Best unit as in what, cause the best for interaction would be the audi ami kit with rns-e mk2 & the audi bt, when it comes to the iphone anyway :)

Will this work with my single DIN Concert Stereo - if so what kit do i need - ive done some googling but im lost

NHN - Help?!?!?

Read what I wrote again, it doesnt mention the concert unit or single din, so no it wont work with your unit.

You were already on the track to find either a dension or alternative as you want the cheapest solution, check the dension site it has loads of info for specific radios & cars.