Installing an after-market Amp / Sub to standard headunit

jazzysingh

Reaction score
Hi All,

I wanted some more bass so I have started to install my after market amp & sub into my Audi A6 2007.

I am having an issue and I need some advice and help. I have searched on google and Audi forums but I can find the answer to my question. I found old threads but couldn't find anything specific to my question.

To make it simple - I have no issues with wiring the amp or the subwoofer. I am fine with that side of things. I have fit them in the past to an aftermarket head unit - simple plug and play.

The issue comes when I am wanting to connect the RCA from the amp to the headunit. I am going to be using a high low converter - my problem lies here.

Where is the best place to connect the high / low converter? Has any1 done this already? Is there a step by step guide or does any1 have any link to a diagram that will help? I know I need to connect it to the speakers but where is the best place to make the connection? Is it possible somewhere in the boot?? This will make it neater and save me running and RCA to the front of the car!

If not, if it is behind the headunit, where would this be? and where can I find the wires? If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Whilst I am here, if anybody has any recommendations with the remote wire then I'm listening.

The MMI system does not have a head unit, there a control head but all the Audio is transferred to the AMP via fibre optic cable, so you will either need to start hacking around with the AMP or get an after-market solution to provide RCA outputs. There is also no remote wire, commands are send via for fibre optic bus to switch on/off the AMP.

The MMI system does not have a head unit, there a control head but all the Audio is transferred to the AMP via fibre optic cable, so you will either need to start hacking around with the AMP or get an after-market solution to provide RCA outputs. There is also no remote wire, commands are send via for fibre optic bus to switch on/off the AMP.

I have got an high low converter to solve the RCA output problem but connecting it is the issue. I would connect it via the amp if I thought my car had a standard one but I've not found anything.

If I can find where to connect the RCA then I think I am all set.

In terms of the remote I can solve this issue I think via the fuse box.

I am certain somebody out there must have already done this.

I'm a bit stuck lol

I guess I am going to try find a way today on my day off. Wish me luck