Install a rear view camera

exca

Reaction score
Hello

There is one thing that i regret on my car... the fact that i didn't configure a rear view camera.
On Ebay i can find a lot of these aftermarket kits... a wire harnass, a new handle with camera.

I was wondering if anyone tried to this on his B9 yet? Where does the cable go?
Changing the code would be possible to do with OBD11, i already have that.

Thanks

Think op is referring to the reversing camera hence why he regrets not configuring it. But Yeh it's a bargain speccing it in the first place compared with the oem retrofits that are about. I'm still interested myself though and plan to get it done in future.

Hello

There is one thing that i regret on my car... the fact that i didn't configure a rear view camera.
On Ebay i can find a lot of these aftermarket kits... a wire harnass, a new handle with camera.

I was wondering if anyone tried to this on his B9 yet? Where does the cable go?
Changing the code would be possible to do with OBD11, i already have that.

Thanks
I looked into it as I wanted it on mine, but it's a £450 option or a £900 retrofit, so I just look over my shoulder, or kick the missus out if the sensors are beeping for no apparent reason.
I think there are some people that have done rear cameras on the A3 forum, I wouldn't risk cheap eBay kits personally.

This would be less expensive

Reactions: pierreluigi88 and TripleD
GT on amazon prime also did a version, I am sure there are others but I find it difficult to find them even mildly amusing...