Inspection service.

Detailer dave

Reaction score
Evening all.

As per title can anyone tell me what's included in first inspection service car is two year old 1100 miles on clock.

Asked service adviser but she did not seem to have a clue lol.

Thanks.

Evening all.

As per title can anyone tell me what's included in first inspection service car is two year old 1100 miles on clock.

Asked service adviser but she did not seem to have a clue lol.

Thanks.

Inspection service is the full package, oil, filter, fuel filter (diesel) and spark plugs (petrol) as well as a full inspection of the cars condition.

But be warned, they say fuel filter but it comes into Audi's loophole of the technician inspects and divides if it needs changing (it's always a no), how can they inspect a filter anyway?

Make sure they change the fuel filter, you pay for it after all.

Are you sure because my car is tracking when 2 things are due (a) inspections (b) oil changes. Both come up at different times eg my car is due an inspection now but not an oil change until another 5k miles. Audi were clueless when I called them too even asking me if the car needs an oil change!

TX.

Are you sure because my car is tracking when 2 things are due (a) inspections (b) oil changes. Both come up at different times eg my car is due an inspection now but not an oil change until another 5k miles. Audi were clueless when I called them too even asking me if the car needs an oil change!

TX.

Normally oil change comes first, Audi rip people off like this. Effectively in a 20,000 mile long life cycle you have two services!! Wrong I know, because then for a long life cycle the car is serviced twice not once.

On mine, the oil is due at around 12,000 miles and the inspection at 18,000 miles. What that says is that at 12,000 miles the car will need an oil change and only that. Then 6,000 miles later ANOTHER oil change but this time they change spark plugs and the air filter, carrying out a full vehicle inspection. An oil change is a minor service, inspection is a major.

What I did with my previous car that was on lease, it wanted an oil change and an inspection 4000 miles later meaning the oil would have only had a lifetime of 4000 miles! I told Audi I wasn't happy with this and we agreed I could have the free major service first, which then will reset both lights at the same time and in theory will bring them closer together. So I think the way this will work is that every year I will have a complete service, rather than two separate services.

Inspection service is the full package, oil, filter, fuel filter (diesel) and spark plugs (petrol) as well as a full inspection of the cars condition.

But be warned, they say fuel filter but it comes into Audi's loophole of the technician inspects and divides if it needs changing (it's always a no), how can they inspect a filter anyway?

Make sure they change the fuel filter, you pay for it after all.
I am sure they will say they don't need to change it due to low milage etc etc

I am sure they will say they don't need to change it due to low milage etc etc

More than likely, but if you are paying for a major then you are paying for the filter for them to not replace it. Depends on how you do your servicing, as well as your dealer. If they will invoice you for itemised parts and labour, rather than just labelled 'inspection service' then it would be changed.

It is worth clarifying though whether they might / might not replace the filter. If they say they might pending inspection, insist on it being done as you are paying for it. I think a fuel filer on it's own costs anything up to £100 to replace.

More than likely, but if you are paying for a major then you are paying for the filter for them to not replace it. Depends on how you do your servicing, as well as your dealer. If they will invoice you for itemised parts and labour, rather than just labelled 'inspection service' then it would be changed.

It is worth clarifying though whether they might / might not replace the filter. If they say they might pending inspection, insist on it being done as you are paying for it. I think a fuel filer on it's own costs anything up to £100 to replace.
Oh trust me if it needs doing it will be done as I will be with car when they do services. Just to make sure it's done right.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Oh trust me if it needs doing it will be done as I will be with car when they do services. Just to make sure it's done right.

Great, just thought I'd give a heads up as Audi do shaft us with these deals sometimes saying they are included but it is replaced pending an inspection in the small print and they never get changed, a technician can't visually inspect the condition of a fuel filter other than its external parts which count for nothing in operation.

On mine, the oil is due at around 12,000 miles and the inspection at 18,000 miles. What that says is that at 12,000 miles the car will need an oil change and only that. Then 6,000 miles later ANOTHER oil change but this time they change spark plugs and the air filter, carrying out a full vehicle inspection. An oil change is a minor service, inspection is a major.

Are you sure that the above is right, I thought that the spark plugs and filters etc were set by mileage, Audi state this for my A3 1.4 COD which as you can see is in addition to the inspection.
A3 8V Service work required

An inspection isn't a oil change service, its not much more than just a VHC,

Major/minor services are different from oil change and inspections.

Oil change and inspection services are usually done until the car is 4 years old. Then they go onto minor/major. IIRC

Last edited:

Are you sure that the above is right, I thought that the spark plugs and filters etc were set by mileage, Audi state this for my A3 1.4 COD which as you can see is in addition to the inspection.
View attachment 111970

They will only change your filters is they are due by mileage at your inspection. No oil change.

View attachment 111970

Depends on how you pay for your servicing. Fixed price servicing is when they inspect filters before replacing.

Just did mine at 10240 miles and Audi charged me 387 pounds. When I asked them what it was they said its very important and they do a lot of checks including piling many moving parts. Then adds you need to have it done to keep your warranty ********!!

They don't do anything on an inspection, it's literally just a VHC and top ups and tyre pressures and any filters if due on mileage.

As above my car is tracking "inspections" and "oil changes". An inspection can't be just a nosy around if an oil change is just an oil change as at some point they will need to change filters, spark plugs etc. Imho the inspection is where they will do that.

TX.

Just did mine at 10240 miles and Audi charged me 387 pounds. When I asked them what it was they said its very important and they do a lot of checks including piling many moving parts. Then adds you need to have it done to keep your warranty ********!!
Of course the "..needs to be done to keep warranty..." is the only bit that's not ********"