Insignia VXR SuperSport...

SimonSystems

...right...this should wind a few of you up!

I've had a Vauxhall salesman trying to sell me an Insignia VXR SuperSport...he made it sound like a good motor...

...anyone had any experience of these? Could they be considered a cheap alternative to an S4?

And...

Don't have a go at me for being in a Vauxhall showroom - I was waiting for my wife and this showroom was next door to the place where she was...and looking at cars (any cars) is waaaaay better than looking at conservatories...

Simon

nezhayley

My last car was a gtc vxr and to be honest,i would never have another vauxhall again. If try the vxronline forum but i would stay away,but thats just me

SimonSystems

...guys...guys...guys...I have absolutely no intention of buying one of these! They are crude, rude and about as desirable as piles! I just wanted to know your opinion of these Chav-Chariots...

Simon

pablo

I had a Saab Turbo-X. Basically a 4WD VXR vectra. Terrific car and being honest Id swap my B7 S4 for another.

The Insigna has a higher power version and imo looks great on the outside but cheap vauxhall dash etc (same with the VXR vectra thats why I got the Saab).

Bainie

I had a tuned vectra Vxr in 2006, and it was ok , got a fair slating from Jeremy Clarkson which put a lot of people off , straight line speed was very very quick , corners not so great . The insignia is a 4wd improved version so would probably be not bad. Interior of the vxr range is way above Vauxhalls usual standard . Had 3 vxrs in the past , and if they did a 4wd astra I would be tempted back !

s4 rival , not sure ....

donmeister

Do not touch one of these with a barge pole. I bought one of these second hand privately - huge mistake - - it turned out that it had a problem with the 4wd system - the haldex unit - a well known problem with this car (just google insignia vxr problem haldex unit). I lost 4 grand trying to off load the thing after a month of ownership but did avoid a 6 grand bill (haldex & prop shaft was goosed). My mistake for not doing my homework and getting it checked. It drove beautifully until you tried to do a 3 point turn (which i never tried on the test drive!) and then it all went horribly wrong. Its a shame because it was a really nice car on the open road and very quick.
I now have an A6 quattro - a car built by a company who knows how to put a 4wd system together properly.

pablo

I know you got stung but the 4wd is actually really advanced (I think its the same as the Saab one). it can put 90% to the rear and has an electronic LSD at the back.

being rare though means its $$$$$$ if it breaks.