Insight into after run pump!?

Reaction score
My water after run pump has stopped working. There is a split wire somewhere as when i give it 12v it works... it is going to be a knightmare to trace back the broken wire! Does anyone know how this thing works? Does it only come on when engine is off? Can it be removed? I always take it easy last couple mile before turning engine off anyways..TIA

Try and find which relay or fuse provides it power, then run a new wire?

Reactions: limbo118118
Controlled by the fan controller unit and feed from a 30amp fuse on the top of the battery...

Do not delete it as its useful for cooling down the turbo after a run... its a legal turbo timer essentially

<tuffty/>

Reactions: IPG and limbo118118
https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/display/tech/Cooling+Fan+wiring+diagram+-+1993+Volkswagen+Passat

AMK-fan-pump.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Jozua and limbo118118
Cheers guys! Il try tracking the wire down an if not run my own into a switch. Does it run all the time or just when car is turned off?
All the time... fan controller keeps it running for 10 mins or so afterwards

If it stops working its typically either the 30amp fuse (more the holder) on top of the battery or the pump is faulty...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: limbo118118
runs 10 min .... How do you know, its actually stopped or broken ? is there a ecu fault code etc ?

you can hear it run/feel vibration from the pump. no fault code afaik.
i had intermittent issues with mine, dodgy connections inside pump i believe. new pump was about £40. all sorted.

where is it located ? something used to squeak for a while , when the engine was stopped , never worked out what it was , I thought it was linked to the fuel system purge ..

may be not ..