Inner CV joint play

leecool

Reaction score
:sos:Hi, I posted a thread yesterday about my car having slight vibrations at the front end when lightly feathering the throttle at around 60-70mph. None on acceleration & none on the over run.
I got 1 reply!
Today I removed the splash tray to examine the CV joints & I found the nearside inner CV joint has a lot of up & down play & feels loose & sloppy.
I'm hoping I've found the issue, I know the drive shaft floats side to side a little to allow for steering camber n stuff, but it shouldn't have that amount of play surely.
I'd be super grateful for any help on this matter.

Mate, you got the problem, you was adviced what to do, you examined it and feel like it's the problem, take out the rubber and check it (new clamp and grease required), the play is more like when starting to drive, on joints (then they need to push the wheel). From your explanation I would start from wheel alignment check (mostly free) then end tie rods, then anti roll bar and all suspension.

What advice was I given Mark196c? Take it to the garage? Anyone can say that can't they? I thought that there were Audi Techs who frequented the forum so I was looking to perhaps hear stories of others or explanations of what it maybe, not a definitive answer.
I have noticed that users that frequent here often do get many replies.

What advice was I given Mark196c? Take it to the garage? Anyone can say that can't they? I thought that there were Audi Techs who frequented the forum so I was looking to perhaps hear stories of others or explanations of what it maybe, not a definitive answer.
I have noticed that users that frequent here often do get many replies.

I don't mean to be rude, but you keep posting the same or similar question over and over and open a new thread almost every time to do so. It's just bad form.

This thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/inner-cv-joint-play.321766/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/inner-cv-joint-play.326704/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/vibrating-front-end.326106/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...athering-the-throttle-on-the-motorway.321587/ (bunch of suggestions as to the cause given)
etc...

Try to be patient and use one thread per issue that you're having and remember that people have lives and jobs outside of this forum, plus most Audi techs tend to prefer to get paid for their time by working at a workshop and enjoy their off hours time away from dealing with cars... Most members here are just like you - owners who had issues in the past and found a solution through various means and shared the solution. Try to be more descriptive about the problem and consider that many problems are best resolved after a proper investigation by a reputable garage rather than some random guy on a forum or facebook.

Reactions: S. and ahtcap
u know the problem, u re nearly sure it's cv joint, take the rubber out and check the condition, easier than that... just need the grease and clamps, unless you re unable to do it, in that case go to garage.

What other threads have I opened that is the same as this one then leshkin?
If I have done so it's probably because no one answers it. I then gets lost as most recent threads are more often viewed the most.
When I was looking to buy a MFSW I had loads of replies, but since then it's gone pretty quiet. I do appreciate that people have jobs, that's why I think threads are lost because so many are added per day they stack up & as I said the most recent threads are probably the most viewed.
My apologies for any insult caused, but I got more than 1 reply though yey!:rock:

Reactions: S.
Eurocarparts sell cv joints for our cars, just make sure they are the GKN brand.

You always can reply to your own post with "bump" for visibility.