Inner boot lid trim ??

Essflee

Reaction score
Hey lads, I've just been and bought a new clip for my boot lid, the bit that the cord from the parcel shelf attaches to as one of mine was missing, I thought this would be a simple case of push the new clip in and off we go...obviously not, I need to get behind the plastic trim because there is a circlip that needs to hold the clip in place...

I did have a quick look earlier and the trim that follows around the boot felt pretty secure, i saw a couple of screws on the lower part of the trim which will come off where the wiper motor is, just wanted to know if anybody has taken the rest of the trim off and is it easy enough to do ??

Cheers

Iirc you have to take the 2 screws at each end of the bottom of the boot lid (open it and they will be facing you).

Once these are out its a case of giving the trim a ****** good yank and it will come off.

The covers that go up the side and top of the boot just pull off aswell.

Been a while since I did this but im sure thats it.

Righty ho, cheers mate

thought it might be a case of just pulling them off, just didn't want to go in brutally and start breaking more clips that hold the trim to realise I can't put them back...lol

remove the two philips screws in the handle part of the lower bootlid interior trim.
Pull/lever the lower trim off (this comes off with a bang, don't panic).
at each end of the upper trim (the bit around the boot window) you will see a philips head. this is a plastic rivet, you need to unscrew the middle part by the philips head and then pull out the other part.
the upper trim then pulls off. again, the same type of metal clips so it is quite stiff to get off so don't be scared to give a little bit of force.
Also, sometimes the metal part of the clips will come out of the plastic trim and be left in the hole where they cam from. pull em out with a pair of pliers or similar and slide them back into the slot in the plastic trim before refitting trim.
again, don;t be scared to use a bit of brute force to bang them back into place.

Cheers for the advice mate, I'll give a go when the weather gets a bit better, seems like a typical bank holiday weekend...