Facelift Inlays / Trim - Alu Ilumintated or CF...

What will you choose

• Total voters
Etka lists the inserts at £100 a piece

Led projector module is £10

It doesn't list the Fibre optic light strip so it could be built into the Ali trim (like the B&O lights are)

FL RS3 driver and passenger sill lights are £125 each

Etka lists the inserts at £100 a piece

Led projector module is £10

It doesn't list the Fibre optic light strip so it could be built into the Ali trim (like the B&O lights are)

FL RS3 driver and passenger sill lights are £125 each

If the fibre optic light strip came separate would it fit on the carbon inlays (FL model)? Or does the Ali inlays have a cut out where the light strip would sit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the fibre optic light strip came separate would it fit on the carbon inlays (FL model)? Or does the Ali inlays have a cut out where the light strip would sit?

Only shows it on Ali trims.

I had no idea that the Alu strips light up if you have that pack... I have it it my new car and love it !

Reactions: AudiNutta and T-800

As said above the Alu trim has a space for the light strip and the actual light strip as part of it so you can’t buy it separately.

Hi all,

I’m about to fit these to my prefl....I assume a code ending in WG1 for those part numbers is aluminium carbon look....Does anyone know if the rear cards also light up?

Cheers

Yes the rears light up as well.

Both front and rear together.
F63E67F6 0A3D 4E15 88F0 799356885D33

Front
0ED6148A 298B 41D4 B892 42F70A2F86BB

Fitting theses isn’t easy.

You need to remove the door cards - and then remove the trim - someone should check this but I am pretty certain it’s using plastic moulded bits to fit it.

I assume that the light parts also need to be connected to the same power as does the door lights - again I am guessing please someone correct me if I am wrong.

But this isn’t easy to do. Even though the actual parts aren’t expensive themselves.

Hi all,

So my Ali strips have arrived, I ordered the part number as per page 2, managed to get them off eBay for a fraction of the cost new....I’m struggling to see where the light strips sit?

https://imgur.com/gallery/ba411mR

Please can someone assist :)

Regards

Cool. I’ve ordered a second hand set off eBay, £35 for the full dashboard set. £150 for the door inserts, but I think I need the light strips to go in them, trip to TPS I think!

Wow that’s an awesome deal, that’s one thing I do miss in the interior. I do wish the A3 had the A4/5 interior, got a real soft spot for that.

Maybe I will have to make another saved search on eBay and keep an eye out for a set ;) Will really make the interior.

Hi all,

So my Ali strips have arrived, I ordered the part number as per page 2, managed to get them off eBay for a fraction of the cost new....I’m struggling to see where the light strips sit?

https://imgur.com/gallery/ba411mR

Please can someone assist :)

Regards

Hate to ask it, are they from the FL yes?

The PFL had the same trim but without lights! I’m surprised you bought a set without the light strips.

Hate to ask it, are they from the FL yes?

The PFL had the same trim but without lights! I’m surprised you bought a set without the light strips.

I’ve accidentally bought the prefl Set :( the light strips are separate. I’m unsure whether the light strip can be fit on the prefl set as the part number is the same except for the last letter, I don’t know if the fl set have a groove for the lights or not. I’m going to take the door cards off tomorrow and have a look, make sure all the wiring is there on the fl (I’m sure it will be). If not, looks like I’ll be spending at least £400 at the dealers for the fl parts and hopefully I can return these eBay parts.....then I need the dash parts to go with it too ideally so another £194 although I may just wrap the dash parts normal carbon and I think it’ll look better, even with the door bits being aluminium carbon. I’ll keep you updated Matt....

Reactions: AudiNutta
I’ve accidentally bought the prefl Set :( the light strips are separate. I’m unsure whether the light strip can be fit on the prefl set as the part number is the same except for the last letter, I don’t know if the fl set have a groove for the lights or not. I’m going to take the door cards off tomorrow and have a look, make sure all the wiring is there on the fl (I’m sure it will be). If not, looks like I’ll be spending at least £400 at the dealers for the fl parts and hopefully I can return these eBay parts.....then I need the dash parts to go with it too ideally so another £194 although I may just wrap the dash parts normal carbon and I think it’ll look better, even with the door bits being aluminium carbon. I’ll keep you updated Matt....

Just an update on this....had the door cards off again today after getting my fibre optic lead to plug in the light strips...looks like the prefl cars or cars without the illuminated option get different door electronics as there’s nowhere to plug in unfortunately.....so I’ve decided to carbon wrap my parts instead! That or hydrodip. Won’t be as good without the lights but hey ho. Tried ordered some Chinese specials from aliexpress, finish is pretty good but the LED’s are gash, and there is only 1 place to plug the lights in on the drivers side front door (it takes power from the lock switch) and as there’s no other lock switches onthe other doors there’s no way to power them even if I wanted to!

My understanding was that the the FL models all have the wiring just not the whole thing; could be wrong here as you have physically checked but that was my understanding.

Any photos of the back of the door cards and inside of the doors please?

My understanding was that the the FL models all have the wiring just not the whole thing; could be wrong here as you have physically checked but that was my understanding.

I only took 1, even took all the padding off but there’s no connection for the fibre optic cable behind there at all, nothing on the doors either....

https://imgur.com/gallery/fBSNXIR

It would be awesome if someone with these parts could take their door cards off and see where the connect into! That would be the easiest way by far!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Just saw this, I have retrofitted the Light design door trims, and have also custom made them for the dash trims.... it seems that even though the dash trim is mentions in the repair manual they never made it into production the only picture I have ever seen of them is from china ....

Only picture I have ever seen of the Led dash trim
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/8v-illuminated-door-trim.313387/
FD5472F6 E5D1 455E 91E7 5AC73B96BE2B
CC162DA8 6E38 486D 87A8 8B0FB98360E0

The LED strip is moulded into the trim and not a separate part !
96ca120940c3a0c01092873df7fb

Pictures of the actual LEDs and connector
IMG 4750
IMG 4747
IMG 4752
IMG 4751

As far as I understand the wiring is not there by default. I paired mine with the B&O in the front doors

IMG 4787

I have yet to get them to function in the rear doors apart from on test through OBDeleven.... I am fairly sure I need to flash my rear door modules the is being worked on.... the brute force approach is to wire them into the door handle illumination then they are controlled by the master dimmer next too the headlight switch not the MMI background lighting control....

i sourced mine through a Lituanian site after a lot of searching

Lots of info here
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/dashboard-lighting.378140/

post 24 has part numbers for the Aluminium Race Trim
MEAAAgAsaOA 960

and lots of info about door module wiring here

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...door-warning-lights-to-8v-help-please.236949/

This was my attempt at dash trim
IMG 4785
IMG 4777