Injector Recall for PD170 - Might be already known to you lot.

Same as mine, apparently they shouldn't touch the map even if they update the ecu as it takes some doing. I just emailed Audi customer service and asked if mine was on the recall list, got a phone call a couple of days later (today) to have it inspected. Will see what happens.

Nice one. Wee bit off topic but the only bonus for me today was having a seat in the £110k R8 Spyder parked in the showroom. Nice car, but no alloy pedals! Don't think I'll bother with te trade in........

Spoke to Camberley Audi today to check, it is applicable to mine 170Pd A3 SB '57 plate. So booked it in.

Any ideas what model years this impacts? I have a 59 plate 170PS A3.

I think it's 2005 to mid 08 but you should check with VOSA to see exactly.

I got mine done by Audi Dublin yesterday €3,248 for four injectors and loom.

I haven't had a chance to drive it properly yet but I'll report back if it's any smoother, hopefully better mpg

Yours is the CR engine mate, I stand to be corrected but to my knowledge the new common rail engine is not affected

the 2.0TDI 170 PD engines are the most affected, a couple of stories flying around of the 140 PD having the same issues. no stories of the CR engines as the injectors were already changed by that time

Gents,

Got my car back from Edinburgh Audi today. Loom and injectors changed FOC. Work carried out in invoice say RECALL/CAMPAIGN 23K1 so it is defo a recall.

Car feels a lot smoother under acceleration, no doubt about that.

Happy all round...

Cheers,

S

Hello All.

March this year, went to put my foot down to shoot across to outer lane on motorway... lost all power to the car - everything! Fortunately I had put enough power into the car to somehow get it on to the hard shoulder. A day later I had a £1700 bill, injector issue!!

Paid it, was annoyed with it but hey ho!

Took the car in yesterday to get a bulb replacement to be told about the recall. Service guy told me I had one injector replaced this year...i.e the one that failed on me and cost me a fortune.

He thinks I may be able to claim some or all the money back. I was put in a very dangerous situation that day it happened too.

A4 avant 2.0 170 here !!

Glad to be told the rest are being replaced FOC, although have to wait till 3rd Jan so fingers crossed no other issues!

Hello All.

March this year, went to put my foot down to shoot across to outer lane on motorway... lost all power to the car - everything! Fortunately I had put enough power into the car to somehow get it on to the hard shoulder. A day later I had a £1700 bill, injector issue!!

Paid it, was annoyed with it but hey ho!
Took the car in yesterday to get a bulb replacement to be told about the recall. Service guy told me I had one injector replaced this year...i.e the one that failed on me and cost me a fortune.
He thinks I may be able to claim some or all the money back. I was put in a very dangerous situation that day it happened too.

A4 avant 2.0 170 here !!
Glad to be told the rest are being replaced FOC, although have to wait till 3rd Jan so fingers crossed no other issues!

@ paultaylor - Dude, this cost should be covered by audi, did u pay for the work?

Sorry should have been clearer, Audi UK originally were going to do the work in Belfast as their VOSA instruction meant they were bending over backwards for me to have it done but the UK VOSA didn't cover Ireland.

Then I asked if it could be done in Audi South Dublin as they are literally 300m from where I live, they quoted me €3,248 which I'd have to pay and then get refunded by Audi Uk.

While trying to raise the wedge I read about the recall on this site and emailed Audi Dublin and they said they had a recall notice since 8th of Dec.

So they took it on Wednesday and job done, haven't had a chance to drive it properly yet but will report tomorrow

How long do the dealers take to do this job?

i got my injectors replaced last month, took 2 days if injectors are in stock. a day for installation and another day for testing. A week later, car had trouble turning with starting up. Took it back to dealers for 2 days diagnostics, they realised battery is low and charged it overnight, all this free of charge of course, back to its former glory again :) They said to keep an eye on the start up. Started up brrrrrrrrillliantly this freezing morning..!!

If still persist, battery needs to be changed. So eventually i will change it to either Varta Silver Dynamic E44 or Bosch S5 Battery 096, both are 780 CCA (Cold Cracking Amp), both are 77Ah (Amp Hours) and same size and similar price.

i got my injectors replaced last month, took 2 days if injectors are in stock. a day for installation and another day for testing. A week later, car had trouble turning with starting up. Took it back to dealers for 2 days diagnostics, they realised battery is low and charged it overnight, all this free of charge of course, back to its former glory again :) They said to keep an eye on the start up. Started up brrrrrrrrillliantly this freezing morning..!!

If still persist, battery needs to be changed. So eventually i will change it to either Varta Silver Dynamic E44 or Bosch S5 Battery 096, both are 780 CCA (Cold Cracking Amp), both are 77Ah (Amp Hours) and same size and similar price.

Thanks for that 2 days is not too bad.

had decent drive today seems a bit smoother and the engine note at idle and low revs seems slightly different.

All in all happy to have to done and not worrying about sudden cut out.

I told them about the slow cold starts recently and they said the scan reported a battery on it's way out and a dpf sensor fault

Hoping a good blast motorway will sort dpf and a new Bosch battery will be a better battery

Had mine done last week all OK. It takes about 2-3 hrs so 2 days that people have quoted above must of been to wash it afterwards.
All I can say is that I wouldn't hurry back to Stratford Audi "Miserable must of been a requirement to work there!

Just to add onto this my neighbour has a 2.0 170 PD Golf, was talking to him today and has just been issued with that same recall for Injectors. Looks like it is a group wide thing.

SiT

Looks like it is a group wide thing. SiT

Just had an injector on my Seat Ibiza 130 TDI Sport. £500 for the parts + fitting. Think it was more a case of old age though, 9 yrs old 161000 miles.

So bought an Audi A3, now its been recalled for injectors. Been told it should all be done within a day by Camberley Audi.

Last edited:
Evening all. Just got my car back A3 170 back from Ipswich Audi. Injectors done under Audi recall although i did have to break down on the M25 before this happened.. One point I found intersting is I had a oil leak upon picking the car up, after investigation by Ipswich Audi they discovered it was the rocker cover gasget had not sealed properly as the Audi Recall does not allow for a new gasgit. Any way long of the short Ipswich replaced the gaskit FOC and gave me a Audi umbrella as it was raining. The gasgit issue is something worth mentioning to your dealers when having the job done.
Thats all for now
Chris

Sat in Audi Nottingham now..

Just been told mine do need replacing '06 170 A3 Sportback.

They say it takes 2 hours to check (assume this means that have to remove of the injectors to read the serial, although surprised they can't just get the info from VAGCOM)

Another 2 hours to replace them all, a free wash and then i'll be on my way with £2k worth of new injectors.

Lovely service here also.. lots of free hot chocolate!

Mine is in today - Oct 2007 PD 170. Had an injector failure in Feb of this year. Luckily took the extended warranty out on it so didn't have to pay, but it was the dangerous situation I was left in when it did fail which annoyed me. I always thought that Audi should be recalling them if it is anywhere near dangerous when they fail (under load, accelerating). Seems like they finally agree!

Well, they haven't rang yet to say they have actually replaced them. Fingers crossed...

Got my car back from the dealer. They replaced 3 of the injectors. The one I had replaced in Feb this year was already one of the new injectors, apparently...

Got my car back from the dealer. They replaced 3 of the injectors. The one I had replaced in Feb this year was already one of the new injectors, apparently...

did Audi contact you or did you ring Audi uk? really annoyed there is no official advice from Audi

did Audi contact you or did you ring Audi uk? really annoyed there is no official advice from Audi

Audi Southampton rang me who said they had been contacted by Audi UK to get them to contact all customers who had a failed injector with their A3 to book them in for the injectors to be checked and replaced if necessary. The dealer guy said that it was a recall but it doesn't sound like a very public recall if they are just contacting customers who have had previous issues with injectors.

Had all mine replaced yesterday at audi coventry.. car feels alot smoother and engine idle is noticeably smoother.. less rattly.

Just picked mine back up from Manchester Audi, very happy! It certainly feels smoother, though i'll give it another go tomorrow when it's cold.

Mine's an 08 plate 2.0 TDI 170 S-tronic, so anyone else with one just send an email to Audi customer service via their website and ask if yours is in the recall.

Just booked in with Leicester Audi. Spoke to the Spanner Man about the hesitation issues (between 3-4k RPM) and the lumpy idle when cold. All apparently linked to injector issues. I will report back when the car has been in - 2006 170 bhp Quattro Sline

its also for the vw 140 and 170
just had mine done 4 injectors and loom

Had the mother-in-laws changed out yesterday, car feels much better.
MPG also seems to be up so good news all round.

Hi Guys,

Just another update with regards to the injector replacements.

Afer 2 tanks of fuel:

Fuel consumptions is definately better.

Car does feel smoother and does not judder as much.

At first it does give the illusion that the car is slower... but after a rolling road test all is good!

So overall all good...

Nice one! mines booked in for 16th Jan so looking forward to the improvements it'll bring

Mine was done yesterday, took about 6 hours from collection to drop off. Defiantly feels smoother and more responsive.

Last edited:
Just had car back from Leicester Audi. Only 3 Injectors changed as apparently other changed by previous owner. Agree with earlier comments, so far car feels smoother and fuel economy improved! Good servive from the dealer and pretty chuffed thus far.... Asked why Audi do not notify and response 'Only write if safety recall and would pick up recall as part of dealer servicing.' OK I guess if you use a dealer, but if not, shows the true value of this forum :icon_thumright: