Injector open circuit fault (multiple)

S3 Hilife

It's an addiction
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m in need of some help with this fault. It started just over a year ago when I got the first open circuit fault on injector #2 at WOT. I reset it and checked the injector plugs etc but everything looked okay. It didn’t come back for some time so I put it down to a poor electrical connection, however some time later it came back again on WOT and on a different cylinder (#1 iirc) Again I checked everything and couldn’t find any obvious cause. Just lately it’s happened a couple of times again on high load but also on different cylinders followed by multiple misfires. I’m really stumped as to the cause. I’ve checked the wiring from the injectors which looks fine but not checked at the ECU yet.

Do all four injectors share the same ground, maybe this could be the issue? Or could it be signal from ECU? Seems strange it’s happened on at least 3 or all injectors at different times and only on WOT anybody had, seen or heard of this fault before? Or have any ideas on where to look for the culprit.
Injectors are Bosch 1000cc

Some recent fault codes:

17647 injector #3 open circuit

16684 Random/multiple misfire

16687 Cylinder #3 misfire

16685 Cylinder #1 misfire

Thanks,
Steve

Could it bad coils?
No I don’t think so mate, it’s something to do with either the injectors themselves or the signal from the ECU or wiring/ground but it’s something that’s effected each injector/circuit and only on WOT at high load. I thought somebody must have seen this fault before. I’m really stumped with this one ☹️