Injection pump swap

Alan Gunn

Reaction score
Are they interchangeable at all.
Mine is a 0470 506 030 will any other pump fit.

Only replace like for like...ecu's are not compatible...

Thanks for that Chris.
I have managed to find a second hand one with the same part number.
What problems am i going to face after fitting it.
Would love to live by you but i am far away in Anglesey North Wales.

Last edited:
You might have to read the pin from the car ecu and to program the pump immobiliser to accept the new car info/vin numbers. It is necessary on all cars built after 2001 with immo3 dashes. Once you have the pin it's easily doable with a vcds interface...

I can get the pin from my car but not the car the pump is coming off is that enough.

Your pin is sufficient ! Just don't rush with it and follow rosstech procedure and you should be ok !

Thanks Chris.
Got the info off rosstech site but it looked too easy then started finding horror stories on the net saying i needed the pin from the car it came from.

Can't get the skc.
I have vag-tacho 5 i think the latest anyway but the tab that says "get pin" is grayed out.
Any ideas/help.

Where abouts are you based ? Supervag tool can retrieve pin from the instrument cluster...

Yes, it should Work. I use The blue version ehich works With newer models but this one should work just as good... The beauty with that is that it will retrieve the Skc from the ECU or instrument cluster.

Well it is running again.
Took it to a local bmw indi and he sorted it out and says he set the timing.
Went to pick it up last night and it's got no power and i could hear the engine a bit louder.
It is back with the garage that changed the pump as it needs an mot.
I think the timing is out what do you think ? or could it be just a pipe off.

Sounds like timing is off but you need vcds to check properly !

Update
The car starts no problem and will drive ok for 2 to 3 minutes then the ESP light comes on and car goes into limp mode.
I have now got it at my home so i can play around a bit more and at the moment i have disconnected the battery while i wait for my wife to get home with my bm as my vcds is in the boot of it.
Will do a scan and update in a bit.

Timing is well out not showing on the graph and says something like "to far advanced"

Chassis Type: 4B (4B - Audi A6 C5 (1998 > 2006))
Scan: 01 02 03 06 08 15 16 17 18 22 34 35 36 37 45 55 56 57 65 67
75 76 77

VIN: WAUZ"""""""""""""""
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine Labels: 059-907-401-AKE.clb
Part No: 4B1 907 401 D
Component: 2.5l/4VTEDC G000AG D06
Coding: 01017
Shop #: WSC 00020
VCID: 204FA02AA003D5214EF-4ACC

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 00004059
Component: 130 106JC150_1.V77042274282
WAUZZZ4B22N108944 AUZ7Z0B2037152

1 Fault Found:
00550 - Start of Injection Regulation
17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A

Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 01J-927-156.lbl
Part No: 01J 927 156 CN
Component: V30 01J 2.5lTDI RdW 2202
Coding: 00001
Shop #: WSC 44552
VCID: 7AFBB242661F6FF120B-5122

1 Fault Found:
18265 - Load Signal
P1857 - 35-10 - Error Message from ECU - Intermittent

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 4B0-614-517.lbl
Part No: 4B0 614 517 G
Component: ABS/ESP front 1728
Coding: 06459
Shop #: WSC 00000
VCID: 2541B13EBF2130093D9-5104

1 Fault Found:
18265 - Load Signal
P1857 - 35-10 - Error Message from ECU - Intermittent

My injection pump has failed. It gives the No Communications fault code. My engine is AFB.

What I've read over the internet is that AFB and AKN pumps are compatible each other but it does not work to replace with AKE. Also, if the car is manual, the replacement injection pump must be also from a manual vehicle. It doesn't work if you put from an automatic on a manual and vice versa. Can anyone confirm this? Please Adamss24, advice me on this.

is this for the 2.5 v6 tdi, we have just done ours in the all road, ecu part fails BBA Reman fitted a new ecu part and went through the hole pump etc, all in cost of postage included £280 its like new, no coding and so on, not a bad job to do either really

My initial plan was to buy a second hand one, but I found a supplier of the electronic part at 200 euros and I will fit it myself. Fingers crossed.

Which electronic part, the ECU ? The computer on the pump is blank, it needs programming with the right software to work, this cannot be done unless someone has access to the bosch bench tester and computer !

My injection pump has failed. It gives the No Communications fault code. My engine is AFB.

What I've read over the internet is that AFB and AKN pumps are compatible each other but it does not work to replace with AKE. Also, if the car is manual, the replacement injection pump must be also from a manual vehicle. It doesn't work if you put from an automatic on a manual and vice versa. Can anyone confirm this? Please Adamss24, advice me on this.
The pump is just a pump, it does not care if its fitted on the car with auto gearbx or manual, it's just an urban mith. The reason AKE pumps don't work on AFB engine is because AFB uses old MSA15 ECU and all post 2000 uses the EDC15 ECU. The software maps are different and as such they don't work the same. One can build AKE 3 plunger pump to work on cars that initially had 2 plunger pump but when the bosch test bench tries to flash the software it will fail as it does not get the desired quantities of fuel in the test sequence so it will abort the programming. To overcome this issue the ECU needs to be flashed on a 2 plunger pump then the 3 plunger head needs to be fitted on the pump !

@Alan, I'm from Romania and I found in Bucharest a shop that repairs these pumps and was willing to send me the ECU only.

Yes, the ECU on top of the pump.When I talked to the guy that sold me this, he was interested about the code on the body of pump( 059 130 106 A ). So you're telling me I f**'ed up lol.

I have called again and ask about programming. He said I only have to prime it and it will start. Maybe he programmed it on another pump with same part number? Will update tomorrow and see if it starts and works fine... or if is dead in the water.

So, the part was not new. Was second hand... :(
But the car now runs, which is nice.