Initialised Keys

Mine starts the car when assembled but tried opening the car with emergency key and waited a minute but the alarm didn't go off :confused:

You just can't rely on them to do a simple job.....;)

Happy, Happy!! :kissmyrings:

Cv joints all sorted as well today. Scrossed end is tight as a drum now. New shocks on next week which should hopefully sort the ride out. Fingers crossed

Anyone know how to lock the glovebox?
My passat had a key slot in the handle to lock but Audi doesn't!!!

Mine starts the car when assembled but tried opening the car with emergency key and waited a minute but the alarm didn't go off :confused:

Make sure your car is locked and left a few minutes for the alarm to fully set. It doesn't fully arm when you initially lock it. Unlock the drivers door with spare key or key blade from your remote key. Open drivers door and after about 30 secs the alarm should activate. This process has worked on all my bag group cars from the last 10 years.

Make sure your car is locked and left a few minutes for the alarm to fully set. It doesn't fully arm when you initially lock it. Unlock the drivers door with spare key or key blade from your remote key. Open drivers door and after about 30 secs the alarm should activate. This process has worked on all my bag group cars from the last 10 years.

Ok maybe I didn't give the alarm time to set.
Will try it again tomoz.
Cheers

Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm hoping someone could assist.

Purchased my vehicle from an Audi dealership but was only supplied with 2 keys. When I checked the mmi, it showed 3 keys initiated. Dealership didn't have the original plastic key but ordered a new one.
When I went to get the plastic key coded they didn't tell me they needed all 3 keys at the same time so they could only code the plastic key as well as the 1 key I had taken along.
MMI showed 2 keys being initiated at this point.
At this point I have 3 keys but only 2 initiated.
I took the car to my local Audi dealership (not the same place I purchased the car from) and asked them to code all 3 keys. I assumed all was well until I checked the mmi which showed only 2 keys initiated. Went back to my local dealership who say the MMI will only show 2 keys as the plastic key can't be coded but all 3 keys work as expected.

I'm looking for confirmation either way please, should the mmi show 2 or 3 keys as being initiated?

Cheers,
Chets

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

From my personal experience, that is ballocks!

I was in the same situation, bought car as an Approved Audi but only the two full function keys - in my case Infotainment screen showed that as you would expect 3 keys had been paired to that car, so I bought a new plastic key from Audi and handed them the 2 full function keys and the plastic one, job done, all 3 keys work and infotainment system shows 3 keys paired to my car.

If they are saying that the plastic key can not be coded, you could use it not only to open some other cars, but to drive off with them, Audi workshops need a bit of training I think!

I only had 1 fob when I got my b8 just bought a spare today and he coded out old fobs so I just have 2 coded to car now and old fobs no longer work £165 All in :racer:
20181208 132418

Thanks guys appreciate the response

Finally got it sorted, all 3 keys (including plastic security key) coded and shows as initialised on the MMI.
Audi techs did not know that there are different versions of the plastic key dependant on the model even though it clearly says in the manual the 3rd plastic key starts the car.