Facelift Initial thoughts after a weeks ownership

mistac

Reaction score
Folks

1. is it possible to store the online manual on/in the MMI - page 305 seems to suggest you can and I have found a copy of the manual on "my audi" but cant seems to see how you can save it to a SD card or usb stick - any ideas?
2. On page 158 of the manual it says "automatic go" after being stationary on the Adaptive Cruise Control will work if the traffic flow in front moves off again within 3 minutes - I assume this is supposed to say three seconds (thats what mines does) and is a misprint?
3.Has anyone got the "Parked Car" function on their iPhone working? Mine does not work so far despite appearing to have it correctly set up?

I don't have ACC, so don't know, but I would expect it to move the car again after a lot more that 3 seconds stationary. Have you tried it stopped in a traffic queue for a minute or two?

Reactions: pburv
I don't have ACC, so don't know, but I would expect it to move the car again after a lot more that 3 seconds stationary. Have you tried it stopped in a traffic queue for a minute or two?
the stop start kicks in more or less straight away, so there is no way it will resume automatically moving after 3 mins

Reactions: Martinbanshee and ChivsBang
Put the manual cd in the cars CD player, it'll upload automatically.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
the stop start kicks in more or less straight away, so there is no way it will resume automatically moving after 3 mins
I just assumed that the ACC will start the car and move off when the car in front moves - for upto 3 minutes. After 3 minutes you'd have to start manually.

This.

(To op : )
But (you probably have noticed) you just have to touch gas slightly and acc kicks in automatically again.

Alternatively turn off start/stop to get it fully automatic.

Put the manual cd in the cars CD player, it'll upload automatically.
sorry if this is a silly question but what manual CD? I don't remember getting anything other than the hard copy manual

The PFL S3 that I currently have (built April 2016, comes with a cd in the wallet with the rest of the manuals. Plug it in and volila!
IMG 3995
IMG 3996
IMG 3997
IMG 3998

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and E S Blofeld
have other FL owners got one of these? - I have not!

I think if you have the virtual cockpit the manual might already be built-in...? Can anyone confirm?

I got my S3 saloon 2 weeks ago. Non FL. I got the CD manual with the paper manuals etc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Further to this post - I enquired with my dealer and with another neighbouring one - both said the FL no longer has a CD Manual - however when I was at my supplying dealer this morning (for a minor adjustment) I noticed an Sline sportback (which it turns out had the tech pack) had the below CD in the glovebox - I immediately asked my salesman (who I had prev asked about the CD) whether this meant I should have had one not knowing any different at that stage - the reply was that later models must now be coming with them? - but I was told I could have the CD anyway. Then I got thinking would it actually work with my Sport (non tech pack) model ?? Not wanting to look a fool, I rang another dealer who said the Onboard CD was supplied only with vehicles that had a tech pack and it would not work with a non tech pack vehicle so I have not tried in it my car as yet! - they are probably correct I guess, but I would appreciate other users opinions
Therefore, I then tried to load the CD onto my PC and the extracted bits are shown on the image below but so far it does not display correctly (but I may be doing something wrong/silly) so my questions are

1. Will it work/will it cause any issues if I try to load the CD into my CD drive on my car?
2. Is there any way I can load it onto my PC?

I would just like the option of having the manual in electronic format - sorry if I have rambled on a bit!

Attachments

• IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    934.1 KB · Views: 120
  • onboard.jpg
    onboard.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 149
Further to this post - I enquired with my dealer and with another neighbouring one - both said the FL no longer has a CD Manual - however when I was at my supplying dealer this morning (for a minor adjustment) I noticed an Sline sportback (which it turns out had the tech pack) had the below CD in the glovebox - I immediately asked my salesman (who I had prev asked about the CD) whether this meant I should have had one not knowing any different at that stage - the reply was that later models must now be coming with them? - but I was told I could have the CD anyway. Then I got thinking would it actually work with my Sport (non tech pack) model ?? Not wanting to look a fool, I rang another dealer who said the Onboard CD was supplied only with vehicles that had a tech pack and it would not work with a non tech pack vehicle so I have not tried in it my car as yet! - they are probably correct I guess, but I would appreciate other users opinions
Therefore, I then tried to load the CD onto my PC and the extracted bits are shown on the image below but so far it does not display correctly (but I may be doing something wrong/silly) so my questions are

1. Will it work/will it cause any issues if I try to load the CD into my CD drive on my car?
2. Is there any way I can load it onto my PC?

I would just like the option of having the manual in electronic format - sorry if I have rambled on a bit!

Double click the index.htm file and it will launch a web browser and probably show you the manual which you can click around in...

Reactions: Rob2k68
We collected our FL S3 with tech pack and virtual dash 2 weeks ago. Said CD is in the handbook folder. It will not run in either the car's CD player or my laptop so as far as I can make out, either our CD is a 'duff' or the man in the factory charged with putting the handbook in the glove box (or CD in the folder) has yet to be advised that it is no longer necessary. Has similar issues with a pointless MMI cable pack (now swapped with an Audi USB Apple cable) and the wrong rear rubber mats (ordered separately).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChivsBang and Rob2k68
Mine came with the CD, I have tech pack advanced and VC
It wasn't already on the car so I just put the CD in and it installed it as above.

thanks - my CD is slightly different - the sleeve is plain white, the last two digits of the 8V number at the bottom of the disc on mine is"QA" and it is marked as 05.2016 (but came out of a FL car) - sure that does not make any difference to anything though! Yours loaded onto the hard drive I guess ? I guess I could just try my disc in my car to see what happens!

Is it definitely a CD and not a DVD? I think you only get a DVD drive on cars with the tech pack.

Reactions: JimboMac
Yea, definitely a CD.

I have created an ISO and zipped it and hosted HERE if anyone wants to download it and create a disc.