Info and Help needed !

Luc s1

Reaction score
After a long wait for my pads and discs ( ferredo DS performance and alcon discs)
a new prolem!!!
Audi don't want to put these discs and pads on the car ... not OEM parts and i can understand that.
So i looked for a mechanic who for the job.
He phoned me ... pads no problem but the discs don't fit because they are bigger the the original ones!
I told him that these discs are a direct replacement for the original ones and that there are lots off peoples
who drive with these alcon discs!
He said that the disc get stuck in the calipier !? and thats because they are 380mm instead of 370 mm.
Can someone give me the correct way to put the discs on??
Or do i have to order something else beside the discs and is it not a direct switch with the original discs??
Many thanks in advance.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

That’s correct, you need to run a 5 mm spacer

????...I don't understand ... a spacer put the wheel 5mm more outside? ( changing the ET of the wheel)
Is this a spacer for the calipier so there is 5mm more space for the larger discs???
if so ... it's not a direct replacement for the OEM discs!???
My opinion is that they have to deliver these 5mm spacers with the discs ...

@ Lucs1, I got your PM but will reply here in case it helps anyone else.

I had my local authorised Revo dealer fit them for me as they are Revo/Alcon discs.
I also got the Ferrodo DS Performance pads (which didn't come with sensors) and the garage had to cut the sensors off my OEM pads and fit to the Ferrodo pads.
I don't know what exactly they did to make them fit (being non mechanical) but I've had no problems and they are way better than stock discs/pads.
Only took a couple of hours to fit inc sensor swap.

Oh and I wouldn't use an Audi Dealer to change non OEM parts :)

I had my local authorised Revo dealer fit them for me as they are Revo/Alcon discs.
I also got the Ferrodo DS Performance pads (which didn't come with sensors) and the garage had to cut the sensors off my OEM pads and fit to the Ferrodo pads.
I don't know what exactly they did to make them fit but I've had no problems and they are way better than stock discs/pads.
THX for reply...
I don't know what's the problem the pads came withe the sensor and they are now on the car ...with my old OEM discs!!
i want the new alcon discs on as soon as possibel...
So you don't think "spacers" are needed???

I don't know what exactly they did to make them fit (being non mechanical) but I've had no problems and they are way better than stock discs/pads.
I sent a email to revo/alcon where i bought the discs...
i hope they can tell me how it has to be done...

I have no clue about spacers or fitting discs - thats what I paid the garage for :)

I have them fitted. You get a small spacer in the box for the callipers to accommodate the bigger discs

Reactions: savo
It goes between the calliper and the carrier. Its like a big washer.

Reactions: savo
Like oli said it should of come with 4 x 5mm spacers

Oh
Like oli said it should of come with 4 x 5mm spacers
ohhh my god
Mechanic opened 1 box and they don’t fit..
The spacers ... they where in the other disc box
Tomorrow a other try .. now it Will work
Thx everyone for the help !!!