INDUCTION/PANEL FILTER

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
HI ALL, WHICH IS BETTER????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

I have a non K&N cone on mine, there is a lot of space in there for the filter and I have huge heat sheild almost boxing it in.
I did see an obvious increase in throttle response...and the noise is incredible!! not noisy or too citroen saxo chavtastic.....just like darth vader sucking on a bong!!

[ QUOTE ]
HI ALL, WHICH IS BETTER????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean for power gains this has been discussed here many many times, and those that have gone to the trouble of getting them tested on a dyno confirm there is no difference, even the guys with big turbos say the standard airbox should be kept upto 350bhp, but with a better (bigger) cold air feed.

If you after the noise then I think cone filter and lots of heatsoke is the way forward.

not after noise, just wanted to upgrade the standard filter really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

Depends what you are trying to acheive, the induction system on some Audi's is so awkwardly packaged that the pipes twist and turn and double back on themselves.

there is a vid of the s3 induction pipe imploding at 5000 revs on a chipped car on the Pace website.

I would have kept the air box in my A4 and changed the connecting pipes but it will be in the way!, plus I think the turbo I have coming would have melted it where it was.

I fitted the cone for a straight line cone-maf-turbo set up, cone is in front of the end of the block and sheilded, no soak issues, definitely more responsive, never believe the power gain thing though.

I have a K&n cone filter with heat shield. The heat shield definately works (to prevent heat). Had the same thing on my BMW coupe.

Excellent for noise, as for performance gains, aint sure.

Hope this helps.

made it at home with the same heat shield which goes behind a house gas fire/heater! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have a 1989 Coupe 2.3 20v and looking to fit an induction kit. What is the hose that enters the airbox from the exhaust area?

What do you do with this when you've fitted an induction kit or cone filter?

Thanks