Induction Kits

Jwhalley96

Reaction score
Thinking of getting an Induction Kit / Intake for my Facelift 2017

What would anyone recommend?

Been looking at Revo, has anyone used these?

Reactions: Djs3saloon
I've been running the BMS EA888 intake kit for about 3 months now and love it. Very simple to install and uses the base of the OEM filter box. Sounds really nice as well, plus it comes with a turbo inlet elbow.
http://www.burgertuning.com/vw_audi_eA888_bms_intake_kit.html
79b5489760a2bceee20af77a251d0df9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BodegaBay, Jwhalley96 and Djs3saloon
I've got a Pipercross full induction kit, and it sounds awesome! easy to fit, it is Pre FL but i'm not sure if the engine bay is any different on an FL, but in terms of noise and throttle response, its class!

Any warning lights with using this or are you running it with a map? Certainly makes the engine bay look good though

No warning lights. I am running a JB4.

@whalley96 did you get a kit fitted mate ?

This looks great, I was looking at the neuspeed pflo intake, very similar. Not sure how they cope past stage 2.

But it won't be for a while till I change turbo.

I've been running the BMS EA888 intake kit for about 3 months now and love it. Very simple to install and uses the base of the OEM filter box. Sounds really nice as well, plus it comes with a turbo inlet elbow.
http://www.burgertuning.com/vw_audi_eA888_bms_intake_kit.html
79b5489760a2bceee20af77a251d0df9.jpg

Can definitely recommend the Revo induction kit.

A quick heads up if you go the Revo route, make sure the 2 jubilee clips which hold the cone filter on; are at the front. Not like how they are in the pic, as the jubilee clips starts chafing :D into the insulation of the red wire. I noticed it before it was an issue,

IMG 62051

funny enough i was looking at induction kits last weekend. noise wise are they all pretty similar? Keep hearing people mention the racingline r600. Revo seems to get a good mention too.
Shame they dont do a coloured hose option

how noisey is the revo kit?

Last edited:
There are basically 2 types of induction kits.
Open cone like the ones shown above which can be quite noisy or a sealed intake as in the R600 or the Revo carbon enclosed that are sealed and not much louder than stock.
It depends what you prefer tbh

Attachments

• 20170917_111643-1008x756.jpg
    20170917_111643-1008x756.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: robps3
There are basically 2 types of induction kits.
Open cone like the ones shown above which can be quite noisy or a sealed intake as in the R600 or the Revo carbon enclosed that are sealed and not much louder than stock.
It depends what you prefer tbh

i'm thinking of noisey :) but just wondered how noisey they are. I tried youtube but i cant really noticed much difference.

It's more the "Darth Vader" sucking noises you get at part throttle with an open cone filter that differentiates the 2 imo

It's more the "Darth Vader" sucking noises you get at part throttle with an open cone filter that differentiates the 2 imo
do you rate the neuspeed over the revo?

I've never tried the newspeed so can't comment but I had the open cone Revo on my 8P and it was beautifully made.
I have the carbon Revo now and that is sublime.
If you want to go open cone then I'm sure the Revo is equally well made

I've never tried the newspeed so can't comment but I had the open cone Revo on my 8P and it was beautifully made.
I have the carbon Revo now and that is sublime.
If you want to go open cone then I'm sure the Revo is equally well made
ah ok i'll have a look at both, the neuspeed has a red hose which is something i like the look of (will brighten the engine bay and match the body colour)
is this the neuspeed your thinking of
https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/neuspeed/neuspeed-p-flo-air-intake-ea888-gen3-1-8t-2-0t/