Induction kits

Josh-h

Reaction score
Just a quick one I bet everyone's bored of hearing this but can't see it on her already. What would be the best make n performance induction kit that's rated so far for my audi a3 2.0l TFSI. Been looking on demon tweeks / awesome gti just don't no which to go for most expensive or. Any ideas appreciated. Josh.

I was in a similar position to yourself last week.

Aftermarket intakes and fuel trim issues

After reading the above I went with the EVOMS K03 in take. Except I bought it from the US as even with shipping (FedEx International Priority(so cheaper shipping was available)) and import tax i worked out cheaper than I could buy it for anywhere in the UK. I'm all for supporting UK companies but I won't pay more than I have too.

the best one, and i think many will agree, is the revo induction kit.

The cheapest one (that actually works and isnt a load of rubbish) is the MTC motorsport one from ebay, has trim issues, but mine and a few others were found to be fine, but tis is half the price...

Reactions: s3_trev
Yeah I did notice the revo one on demon tweeks I think. I did get told to have a revo remap so thought revo induction to keep it all running the same brand. Or that stupid lol

Yeah I did notice the revo one on demon tweeks I think. I did get told to have a revo remap so thought revo induction to keep it all running the same brand. Or that stupid lol

yeah that doesnt really make a difference, just stick with the ones named on forums for remaps and you will be fine.

Revo, shark, rick @ unicorn remapping, r-tech, apr, and badger5 (tho he does more 1.8T)

I got mine done by rick, and he soon helped fix the car problems i had and released a MONSTER muhahahahah :p

Haha I shall do the same soon. So on the induction topic we all saying revo is a good one.

Haha I shall do the same soon. So on the induction topic we all saying revo is a good one.

im sure everyone can agree, it is the best one, but it comes at a price.

I personally have the MTC one which is half the price. but it does have its problems but something i have learnt from this forum.

buy cheap? BUY TWICE.

Revo,AMD and ITG are all well up to the job.

I've used 3 to date, Revo was the best by a slither.

I'd argue the CTS turbo induction kit is not only a steal at £275 (with turbo heatshield included) but in my opinion the best looking and the best designed kit going.

Cold air is channelled from the correct place on the front grille and the whole filter is enclosed directly in the line of the air flow. A lot of the other designs you're essentially sucking in hot air from the engine bay.

BBC51156-3791-42BA-911A-C192E4C89F99_zps2jv9krvq.jpg~original

Have a read of my thread, it made a very noticeable difference to my stage 1 Shark Performance mapped S3 Sportback.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-heatshield-audi-tts-engine-cover-fitted.html

Mark @ Brotek can get these direct from CTS in Canada for the above price.

I just got the amd one in blue on Friday and it's really really good - check out my s3 thread there's some pics on there

Alex

I'd argue the CTS turbo induction kit is not only a steal at £275 (with turbo heatshield included) but in my opinion the best looking and the best designed kit going.

Cold air is channelled from the correct place on the front grille and the whole filter is enclosed directly in the line of the air flow. A lot of the other designs you're essentially sucking in hot air from the engine bay.

Revo one has sealed intake enclosure fed from front OEM intake, but then you can use 100mm or larger ducting behind the front near side fog light up to behind the headlight to add additional air feed. There is some data somewhere showing it added more power on dyno than a group of other peers.

Edit: that said your wasn't in that test, and it's likely to be largely similar performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: s3_trev and Muzza80
For performance Revo takes pole position, followed by ITG. I have the Revo Ceramic on my own car.

Would have to disagree with you on both counts there buddy when lookin between it and the Revo. Also, I believe that airflow is king when it comes to CAIs, more so than making sure its shielded from engine heat. The Revo seems to win again here however, as it looks to be considerably further away from the engine than the CTS kit.

Just my opinion of course.

Thanks for all the enquires about inductions but I think I am going to get the AMD intake kit and heat shield. Thanks people.

Reactions: Alex_Wil
Would have to disagree with you on both counts there buddy when lookin between it and the Revo. Also, I believe that airflow is king when it comes to CAIs, more so than making sure its shielded from engine heat. The Revo seems to win again here however, as it looks to be considerably further away from the engine than the CTS kit.

Just my opinion of course.

The Revo's a nice bit of kit no doubt.

I think my point was that with the CTS enclosure hot air from the engine bay is not an issue as the filter is in an enclosure, not only that but the filter sits directly in the path of the airflow rather than the Revo which by the look of your pics has the filter pointing in the wrong direction to the flow of air coming in the front of the car, of course if you have fitted ducting from another area then that's different but you could do the same for any intake for a handful of pocket change.

Also if you think about it when the car is moving the CTS enclosure is actually under positive pressure (albeit not a lot as it's obviously not airtight) and that not only forces any warm air out of the enclosure but I suspect also has a slight ram air effect if you like directly into the intake.

Also you cannot deny the single piece CNC mandrel bent intake pipe is not a ****** good design, no restrictions at all.

Plus you get a very nice turbo heatshield with the kit.... oh and it's £150 cheaper than your fancy coated one and £75 cheaper than the powdercoated version.

I know where my money would be going if I had to buy again :)

If the CTS kit out performed the Revo then your points would be valid. It doesnt. The winner doesnt need excuses!

And where do you see the restrictions in the Revo pipe? From the pictures the Revo pipe looks larger in circumference to that of the CTS. From your pic that kit doesn't even seem to be sitting level. I would even go as far as to say the CTS pipe looks flimsy and unsupported.

And my "fancy" coated one beats the CTS, which is why I bought it - performance. The CTS kit honestly IMO looks cheap, and if this is what you are after then great. If you want the best, buy the Revo. Or even the ITG looks more substantial than that CTS kit. And just looking at pics of the ITG kit, the cone sits in the identical same place as the Revo. I guess they both know something that the CTS guys dont eh...

To use the age old saying once again, You get what you pay for.

If the CTS kit out performed the Revo then your points would be valid. It doesnt. The winner doesnt need excuses!

And where do you see the restrictions in the Revo pipe? From the pictures the Revo pipe looks larger in circumference to that of the CTS. From your pic that kit doesn't even seem to be sitting level. I would even go as far as to say the CTS pipe looks flimsy and unsupported.

And my "fancy" coated one beats the CTS, which is why I bought it - performance. The CTS kit honestly IMO looks cheap, and if this is what you are after then great. If you want the best, buy the Revo. Or even the ITG looks more substantial than that CTS kit. And just looking at pics of the ITG kit, the cone sits in the identical same place as the Revo. I guess they both know something that the CTS guys dont eh...

Calm down and take a chill pill lol

I think it's hilarious when people get all defensive about a product they have purchased when someone dares to voice an opinion about another one possibly being as good a or, god forbid, a better design.

And my "fancy" coated one beats the CTS, which is why I bought it - performance

I was not aware the CTS intake had ever actually been in a "common knowledge" comparison against the Revo part, if it has I'd love to see it :)

I can assure you it's not cheap, flimsy or unsupported it's simply not designed to sit perfectly horizontal with the bulkhead which is also (as you put it so well) why I bought it - performance, and of course value for money.

Over and out ;)

Reactions: perazzi and s3_trev
Alright people only asking support on induction not a battle of the inductions lol. As I took this tread asking advice I will be going for the AMD. Thanks again tho for everyone import. Thread closed haha.

Alright people only asking support on induction not a battle of the inductions lol. As I took this tread asking advice I will be going for the AMD. Thanks again tho for everyone import. Thread closed haha.

I think you'll be happy with that.

The only thing that kept me from trying the AMD intake on mine was adapting it to the turbo inlet downpipe......the ITG that was put on initially has been modified to fit the downpipe on the car,and that was the end of that.

Cheers mate will get one ordered and post photos. I this isn't on induction but I'm seeing some really clean engine covers and can't find the right on I'm looking for any help? It's the white one TFSI on it. Some cars on this tread have them. Any where I can get one?

Direct from Audi was the only place I could find it -

1 x Engine Cover - 06F 103 925J
1 x Short Lug - 06E 103 164
2 x Long Lug - WHT 000 731A

Cost me £108

Direct from Audi was the only place I could find it -

1 x Engine Cover - 06F 103 925J
1 x Short Lug - 06E 103 164
2 x Long Lug - WHT 000 731A

Cost me £108

Sounds about right.....nothing from Audi is cheap.

I bought the black grill for mine,and had to replace a rear valance and diffuser when someone ran into me.

The rear parts cost their insurance company £800 before paint and fitting.....LOL

Sounds about right.....nothing from Audi is cheap.

I bought the black grill for mine,and had to replace a rear valance and diffuser when someone ran into me.

The rear parts cost their insurance company £800 before paint and fitting.....LOL

Not at all! - cheaper than some quotes I got from people who sold Audi parts! think £138 was highest!

Ouch! getting the most from your insurance ;)

what colour?!

guys have any of you had any issues with these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-S3-2...ir-Filter-Kit-Over-Size-K04-K03-/352080441102

i'm looking for an induction kit thats not going to cost me an arm and a leg :) it will be remaped by r tech in the end but only at stage 1 once ive had the pre-cat removed. so not looking for massive power just a little more sporty and good looking im also ordering the tts black and silver engine cover :) so dont want anything to big so it still fits? :) ive looked at lots but this seems the cheapest "decent one" i could find :)

In my opinion you only get what you pay for , i got a decent ITG kit from a member on here 2nd hand ( check out classifieds section on here ) at a decent price and i don't have a st 1,2 or 3 and to be honest i notice the difference in HP and it fits fine with the TTS engine cover

perfect ive reag the reviews for the ramair and there pretty good! but i like your thinking i'll scour the classifieds might pay same money but get alot better set up? :)

perfect ive reag the reviews for the ramair and there pretty good! but i like your thinking i'll scour the classifieds might pay same money but get alot better set up? :)
hope you find and dont be put off by the date off ad ie june 17 still send a pm to them as you just never know if they still have . if you get 1 make sure you get a heat shield and ask to see pic off kit in car a some point as all people take pics off it All the best

guys have any of you had any issues with these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-S3-2...ir-Filter-Kit-Over-Size-K04-K03-/352080441102

i'm looking for an induction kit thats not going to cost me an arm and a leg :) it will be remaped by r tech in the end but only at stage 1 once ive had the pre-cat removed. so not looking for massive power just a little more sporty and good looking im also ordering the tts black and silver engine cover :) so dont want anything to big so it still fits? :) ive looked at lots but this seems the cheapest "decent one" i could find :)

It's cheaper on Amazon, it's where I got mine from :)

Amazon product