Induction kits

Chris93

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just been out for a ride in a golf r, it has the same engine as the s3 but they have done something to the induction system which makes it sound really cool which got me thinking maybe an induction kit in my car could have a similar effect (and give me an excuse to fit the tts engine cover!!) so which ones do you all recommend, i have been looking at the neuspeed p flo kit because it looks the most stealth but i am open to suggestions :)

Thanks
Chris

ITG all the way mate!

With the ITG, does the sound during acceleration change or just when you let off the accelerator and hear the dump valve?

Chris

Neuspeed equally changes sounds. darth vader in glove box and all that. No complaints. certainly wouldn't pay over £300 for ITG when i got a neuspeed does the same job for £134.

I doubt you'll notice any if much difference in power/responsiveness from ITG to Neuspeed.

Save your money unless money is no issue then go ITG I guess!

I doubt you'll notice any if much difference in power/responsiveness from ITG to Neuspeed.

I bet you would! The filter media is much larger on the ITG. Proven gains across the rev range.

I've driven with both. theres fack all in it.

I think that up to Stg2+ you could choose any of them and get good results.

Above Stg3 you do need a lot of flow and the ITG is good for well over 500bhp.

I don't know about the Twintake at that level but would expect it to manage.

Stealthy the ITG is not. :)

I think that up to Stg2+ you could choose any of them and get good results.

Above Stg3 you do need a lot of flow and the ITG is good for well over 500bhp.

I don't know about the Twintake at that level but would expect it to manage.

Stealthy the ITG is not. :)

Definitely agree with that. Anything above stage2+ go ITG. Anything below it doesn't make a right lot of difference.

Ok, i think neuspeed it is then, it is so much cheaper and my car isn't even mapped yet so i don't need the best of the best!!

Chris

ITG would benefit better with the KO4 as alex says on stage 2+ i think if you want it purely for the sound track enhancement go for the neuspeed. i have the k&n 57s airbox but only because i actually paid peanuts for it. There is alot more DV sound with the cover off and slightly more rasp but in terms of gain i haven't felt any. I actually think i may be loosing a bit from heat soak as it feels like the turbo takes a lot longer to spool up as i can hear it spooling more.

With the cover on it just feels the same as stock only a tiny marginal improvement in sound but not enough to actually hear it from outside the car.

6789677526_cf81e5299a.jpg

6789650800_81fab73b22.jpg

Ok, think neuspeed it is then!! your engine looks so clean btw!! you must have spent hours making it look like that :)

Chris

Definitely go for Neuspeed if all you want is sound. In my case I noticed a power gain because I am already stage II+ so the intake just freed up what was there already. I was pulling 230Whp and 275lbft of torque, but it would plateau by about 4000 rpm and not peak.

94c6cb20.jpg

Mine is FSI though, but should work about the same. Just be carefull with the MAF... I took mine out gently and put it in the Neuspeed but it still blew after the first run. Waiting for a replacement now. If it starts going into limp mode, that's your issue.