Induction Kit and Air filters

Adam Caldow

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2011 Audi S3 im not sure if im on the right page or not but just looking for help on what the best induction kit is to buy for it along with an air filter.
The car has had a milltek cat black exhaust upgrade and I'm just looking to get abit more sound out of the car but not too much.
My knowledge when it comes to cars isn't great so thanks in advance if anyone is able to help.
On a complete different subject my rear wiper no longer works I believe the motor has burnt out, is anyone aware of anwhere I can pick one up from?

I had a Ramair kit on mine very briefly but I didn't like how loud it was, lots of flutter and noise. It's actually listed for sale currently.

Reactions: Adam Caldow
I had a Ramair kit on mine very briefly but I didn't like how loud it was, lots of flutter and noise. It's actually listed for sale currently.
I've been looking at the KandN ones but want to see if there are any others out there

This is the ram air fitted
d4cf3644496b3b994ac6c89dd7739f23.jpg

Looks completely different to my engine bay, maybe because you dont have the engine cover on, any chance you could send a video of the sound?

Ramair ones are too big, if you just want noise they are fine.. but realistically you want a revo or similar.

If you fit a full induction kit you can't refit your stock engine cover, you either leave it like pic above or you buy a TTS engine cover which is something like £120.

Ramair ones are too big, if you just want noise they are fine.. but realistically you want a revo or similar.

If you fit a full induction kit you can't refit your stock engine cover, you either leave it like pic above or you buy a TTS engine cover which is something like £120.
I’ll post a pic of mine later see what my options are

You can buy a ITG Cai for your car as it is still an 8P ,and as other post says you need to remove engine cover .

Here is an image of mine [photo=medium]10259[/photo]
So you have the standard cover containing the air filter. The same set up was fitted to the 197 BHP golf GTi and so is not up to the job if a tuned S3.
The intake that gets the best reviews is the Revo and people fit the TTS engine cover to hide the engine.
Also looking at your photo, you have the original orange dipstick. Beware that these can crumble and put bits into the sump. The latest versions are yellow.
Here is my S3 with a TTS
E8F1A158 6298 4089 9F98 DC02C82B31E4
cover with a Revo intake and cotton green filter. Photo taken last year before I changed dipstick and tube.

Last edited:
Wiper motors can be bought from eBay and make sure it’s the Valeo version.

Revo/ ITG kits are widely considered the best of the bunch albeit not cheap but worth the money ..

Thank you all for your help, just one more question, are these easy to fit?

Yes they're easy to fit. As above, go for Revo and ITG although there are many other options available. Stay away from K&N as the oil interferes with the MAF sensor.

For the rear wiper, it's a common fault - if you don't have luck on ebay then try Amazon.

So you have the standard cover containing the air filter. The same set up was fitted to the 197 BHP golf GTi and so is not up to the job if a tuned S3.
The intake that gets the best reviews is the Revo and people fit the TTS engine cover to hide the engine.
Also looking at your photo, you have the original orange dipstick. Beware that these can crumble and put bits into the sump. The latest versions are yellow.
Here is my S3 with a TTS View attachment 185980 cover with a Revo intake and cotton green filter. Photo taken last year before I changed dipstick and tube.
So you’re saying I’d need a new dipstick and tube? Where can I pick the correct one up from?

Here is my S3 with a TTS View attachment 185980 cover with a Revo intake and cotton green filter. Photo taken last year before I changed dipstick and tube.
I also like the look of the green filter compared to the standard one that comes with the revo kit, where did you pick that up from as I would probably want similar in red

So you’re saying I’d need a new dipstick and tube? Where can I pick the correct one up from?

I certainly would be buying a new yellow set as some of the orange dipsticks totally fall to pieces. We were lucky in that I just managed to stop the little orange ball going into the sump on our TT. The tube is not as important but it looks nice to have both the same colour. Quite tricky to change the tube. You can buy both at Audi or from AKS tuning.
I don’t know where you would buy a red filter to suit the Revo pipe.
Ramair do the Proram range where you can buy a black one. Note you may not be able to use the Revo heat shield with an afternarket filter on.

I certainly would be buying a new yellow set as some of the orange dipsticks totally fall to pieces. We were lucky in that I just managed to stop the little orange ball going into the sump on our TT. The tube is not as important but it looks nice to have both the same colour. Quite tricky to change the tube. You can buy both at Audi or from AKS tuning.
I don’t know where you would buy a red filter to suit the Revo pipe.
Ramair do the Proram range where you can buy a black one. Note you may not be able to use the Revo heat shield with an afternarket filter on.
would I be better off using the filter that comes with the revo kit then?

Well most people use the genuine filter but you have to be careful to adjust it so it does not rub on the back of the headlight. Also you need to be on top of the filter cleaning as I was warned about the foam filter going crusty and bits breaking off then damaging the turbo. Probably not an issue for someone who is thorough with maintenance. If you buy a Revo, get it from somewhere that has a decent turn over of stock. The early ones had a small weld holding the mounting bracket to the top of the engine that would break off leaving a hole in the main pipe. Changed for a bigger weld on the later versions.

I have the Ramair Jetstream kit because it was on the car when I bought it, they’re doing a discount atm on their website too. I have always used Green Cotton on my previous VAGs though because it’s what my tuner (JBS) recommends. I’m new to the S3, is there a known problem with the Ramair setup??

9e403741c28a66ba203b8a16566200f6.jpg

Also, my dipstick appears to be orange??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@J0N - appears to be orange. No issue with the RamAir. I had one on my previous A3 - I found it louder than the Revo but had no issue with it.

Reactions: J0N
I have to be honest, I quite like the induction noise and the flutter. It only does it when you’re accelerating hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a VXR and love it, quality bit of kit and good for 600bhp. draws its air from the outside and its fully enclosed.

Attachments

• DSC_8094.JPG
    DSC_8094.JPG
    610.7 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: J0N
I have a VXR and love it, quality bit of kit and good for 600bhp. draws its air from the outside and its fully enclosed.
I have to say @paddy that looks very nice , guessing it's in an S3 8P

Reactions: paddy
Yea just a 2011 S3 ............with a TT engine cover of course. and before anyone says anything, Yes i do have a yellow dipstick now :)

Yea just a 2011 S3 ............with a TT engine cover of course. and before anyone says anything, Yes i do have a yellow dipstick now :)
Was the VXR CAI easy enough to fit , let's say like the ITG

£460 ish, most expensive intake i've seen for the S3 8P

You get what you pay for.

Reactions: ch1z64