Individual settings on drive select

Joetidman

Reaction score
Just a question on what you can actually adjust in the individual setting? Can anybody give me a complete list assuming you have mag ride and stronic? I presume you can adjust the throttle speed etc but not sure?

For mine, Throttle, Steering, ACC, Cornering Light. Would assume the gearbox and mag ride would be in there too.

Reactions: Joetidman
I think the full list is:

Throttle response
Gearbox Shift Points (S-Tronic)
Steering weighting
Lights
ACC
Damper Control
Engine/Exhaust Sound

Reactions: Joetidman
Wow that's a lot to fiddle with, can't wait! What can you change in the lights then?

Cornering light options I think.

The engine and gearbox and one and the same option though, but you can always select S mode on the gearbox anyway in any mode if you want to.

Lots to play with, it's actually great fun. I thought it was going to be a gimmick but I quite like it.

So related question...

What have people set up on THEIR individual settings....?

I'm interested in waht combinations people have gone with

Engine: Dynamic
ACC: Dynamic
Steering: Auto

Guys, maybe someone can help me with a doubt: on my S3 (just collected) I created an individual setting with only the engine exhaust sound on "dynamic" but to be honest I cannot feel any difference with the engine in "discreet" mode. Due to the burning-in I am not pushing the car after 4000 rpm. I imagined that the "dynamic" setting sounded something like a Renault 5 GT Turbo with only a straight piece of gutter from the engine to the exhaust...

Does the difference between the two modes is audible only at high engine revs? Can you confirm that there is only slight difference between the two settings? :uhm:

So related question...

What have people set up on THEIR individual settings....?

I'm interested in waht combinations people have gone with

Steering: Dynamic
Throttle/gearbox: Auto

And in a different menu: adaptive (or maybe cornering) lights: dynamic

Steering: Dynamic
Throttle/gearbox: Auto

And in a different menu: adaptive (or maybe cornering) lights: dynamic

What's parking like with the steering in dynamic? In my current car if I have the car in sport (which includes heavier steering) it's too heavy for parking. Is it the same in the A3?

I found the steering too heavy for city driving & parking in 'dynamic', which is why I changed it to 'comfort', which is fine really.

What's parking like with the steering in dynamic? In my current car if I have the car in sport (which includes heavier steering) it's too heavy for parking. Is it the same in the A3?

Personally I find it fine and not a problem. However I always try to avoid turning the wheel when stationary - even if that means <1mph. It does provide more steering assistance power at lower speeds.

I just felt the other steering modes too light for my liking.