Indicator, wipers & headlight not working.....help

BigCat

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got my brake servo replaced at a garage. When i got the car back i noticed that i had no wipers, indicators & main beam, dipped headlights only. Mechanic tried fuses & connections but no luck. After a few hours everything started to work again by itself. Car ran okay & then same problem again. After a few minutes of doing nothing everything started to work again. I'm guessing it may be a faulty relay but does anyone know if indicators, wipers & main beam use the same relay..... Any input appreciated.. car is 1.9TDI 2003

There is a control module under the steering wheel cowling that controls them. If the plenum chamber gets water in it can get to that module and cann cause flake stuff like that. Have you done a vcds scan?

Thanks IanFM. Checked plenum which is dry & connections under cowling. So time to send her for a scan next....

If they were doing the servo, would they not have been under the dash at the brake pedal? Could they have dislodged the multiplug to the control module IanFM mentioned??

First time i used this guy & he either didnt know much about fixing it or just didnt look at. Wont be back. I had a quick look at it today before work but no joy. Couldnt find a loose connection but it has to be as it can kick in after a bit of driving & stop when i restart car again. Control module is the slimline black box with connections above the brake switch right??

Its a slim black box i would say further right of the brake pedal and has big fuses (3 i think) stuck to the outside. Where you based?

Finally got my problem sorted...traced the problem down to the ccm as you guys suggested. Got a second hand one from the breaker. All working now & changed the diff oil when i was at it. Big thanks for the input....