Indicator lights does not flash when car is alarm!!

nu boy

Reaction score
My A3 1.8T has an alarm malfunction. When I lock with the key fob, the indicator light does not flash and the red door lights do not blink. So there is no indication that the door has been locked. On the other hand when I open the door that's the only time the indicator light flashes.

The siren still works as normal! the problem only occurs when arming the car.

Please help!!
:thumbsup:

try switching your sensors on, the door pillar has a sensor button..... it sounds like its arming but not fully...recall my 1.8T doing it when i hadnt closed the doors/boot properly

it could be a sensor at fault if the above doesnt work

I have the same issue. I tried opening 1 door at a time and checking to make sure that the DIS shows each door/boot as being open when open and closed when closed. When my passenger door is open on its own my DIS shows that both my passenger and driver doors are open together. I'm going to have the door lock apart and check the sensor at some point.

a friend of mine had this same problem on his 1.6 A3, it turned out to be a fuse that controlled the interior lights and alarm. Once I replaced that, everything worked perfectly again.

If the lights do not flash it means the alarm has not fully armed, i.e. a door is still open slightly.

Reactions: Steve D
If the lights do not flash it means the alarm has not fully armed, i.e. a door is still open slightly.
13 years later and it’s still relevant information. Just had the same problem with ours - my wife said the indicators were not flashing when arming. 2017 A3. Just went outside to check and the tailgate was not shut properly. Of course, I got the blame…….

I had this one too recently - was the bonnet closed sensor that had got knocked slightly.....