Indicator Bulbs/LED's - Recommendations...

GjrBartlett

Reaction score
Evening All,

As you can see from the attached, I want to get rid of the 'fried egg' effect in my indicators, both front & rear.

Can I get recommendations on what to purchase? Either bulb or LED (Preferably) & also ensure I don't get a bulb out warning on the dash!

Do I need to remove the headlamp unit to change the fronts, as space behind it seems to be at a premium!

(More pics of the motor in my build thread 'The Avant Project' in the Project Room Forum).

Trups (T8ups) doesn't have a front led indicator bulb at present, but is working on it.
There are 4 torx head screws that hold the headlights in, undo these and you can pull the lights forward or remove.
I am looking for the silver type to at least get rid of the orange blob until Trups gets his LEDs up and running.

Trups (T8ups) doesn't have a front led indicator bulb at present, but is working on it.
There are 4 torx head screws that hold the headlights in, undo these and you can pull the lights forward or remove.
I am looking for the silver type to at least get rid of the orange blob until Trups gets his LEDs up and running.

Cheers for the reply,

Is it just a '581' LED I need? & do I need to worry about bulb out warning?

I fitted Philips sliver tec bulbs in the rear of my Avant but not done the fronts yet as they are nearly £30 a bulb.

I will hold on for Trips for the led indicators, his bulbs are always top notch and a good price... Hate the orange blob at the front tho lol

I will hold on for Trips for the led indicators, his bulbs are always top notch and a good price... Hate the orange blob at the front tho lol

I know exactly what you mean, I think the rears look just as bad.

Had a look on AutoBulbsDirect.com, seems to be quite a few options on there with decent reviews, might be tempted?

Reactions: Alex jb