Facelift Independent leasers

Masslob

Reaction score
Ok so currently i am with Select Car leasing, their service is great but i continually see deals from independent leasers that seem to undercut their deals. Im trying to get my payments down so getting my next s3 on a cheaper deal is important to me but im unsure of using a non established lease company.

What are people experiences with non mainstream lease companies and which ones would they recommend and avoid?

cheapest doesnt always mean the best, in many cases you get what you pay for ;)
Yeah but a lease car is just that ex amount deposit then pay it up ex amount no Road tax,no servicing, l leased a RCZ for 23 from centralvehichleleasing.co.uk.... No problems at all mate
I thought you had your S3 on hire purchase, your is S3 leased.....?

You want the options you'll need to pcp it mate simples

Yup, i work in london so having a 40K car sitting on the drive 5 days a week does nothing for me, the car and ties up a load of my capital, now a couple of hundred a month sitting doing nothing for 5 days a week sits a lot better with me,
if i get a mrs/kids or a job that requires me to drive then i can justify purchase but for now PCH
if lease companies are a much of a muchness (eg an independent is just as good as a mainstream) then i will go for a cheaper one in the next contract, or at least i can force the mainstream one to price match if they want my business lol

I spent a bit of time shopping around for my S-Line but nobody could beat the price I got from Audi.

Before going anywhere near a dealer I actually got a quote direct from Stoke Audi via this website https://www.whatcar.com/car-leasing/

When I went to test drive my local Audi dealer (Bolton) beat the price I had from Stoke.

In the end I got 14.7% discount on list price of car + options

Middlemen - I'd go straight to Audi - perhaps with their quote in hand - and ask them to match it.

Reactions: Chris43
when i leased my current one, audis own deal was considerable worse. I read somewhere that the finance from the dealers themselves find it hard to compete with independent leasers

when i leased my current one, audis own deal was considerable worse. I read somewhere that the finance from the dealers themselves find it hard to compete with independent leasers

If its an exceptionally good deal, then yes, but I found them few and far between on the A/S3. Golf R and the S5/S4 had some very good deals, but they all seem to have gone now.

But as Jassy says, if you want options it becomes a different matter. I found it very difficult to get a comparable lease deal when you added even just metallic paint a a couple of cheaper options....

Then there is the fact you are tied into the deal to the end. As I understand it, you have to pay a fair whack to terminate early. Arguably you pay a lot to get out of a PCP, as the depreciation is so high in the first 6m, but leaving, say, 2 years into a 3 year PCP is typically not a hassle. Personally I like the relative freedom you get from PCP, but YMMV.

Also would get quick nervous towards the end of the deal, trying to coincide the next lease....? A PCP allows you to part ex, or you have the freedom to ask the dealer to hold on to the car for when its easier.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Middlemen - I'd go straight to Audi - perhaps with their quote in hand - and ask them to match it.
I'd recommend trying this, and try to get them to match your best price. When I got my current lease car, a Volvo V40, I did this. In the first instance the dealer didn't want to know and was about £100 a month off the mark. I then tried using a broker though, and he got me the same deal I'd been quoted from an independent online but with my local main dealer. The broker didn't charge me a fee, and the independent firm wanted about £300 to set up the deal. If you'd like the name of my broker then feel free to pm me.

As others have said though, depending on your situation you might be better with a PCP. Just ordered a nano grey S3 black edition to replace the V40 when it goes back in December. This time I've decided to go down the PCP route. Monthly payments were more or less the same and I have the freedom to sell up after a couple of years or carry on for longer if I feel like it, where as with the lease you have to make the call when you set up the contract.

I'd recommend trying this, and try to get them to match your best price. When I got my current lease car, a Volvo V40, I did this. In the first instance the dealer didn't want to know and was about £100 a month off the mark. I then tried using a broker though, and he got me the same deal I'd been quoted from an independent online but with my local main dealer. The broker didn't charge me a fee, and the independent firm wanted about £300 to set up the deal. If you'd like the name of my broker then feel free to pm me.

As others have said though, depending on your situation you might be better with a PCP. Just ordered a nano grey S3 black edition to replace the V40 when it goes back in December. This time I've decided to go down the PCP route. Monthly payments were more or less the same and I have the freedom to sell up after a couple of years or carry on for longer if I feel like it, where as with the lease you have to make the call when you set up the contract.

Audi don't do one to one personal leasing, they sell on a lot of spare stock to companies that farm out the cars to personal leasing companies....... Cars are low spec and in limited colours and also end of line run out models, the best car just out just now to lease is the PFL Golf R......soon to be superceded by the facelift for around £240 @month for a DSG model

Select is no different they are also an independent middle man i.e. a broker.
They just introduce you (for a fee) to the finance provider such as Alphabet, Network Lease Plan, Arval, Lex etc and take care of the paperwork.
My S3 is also through Select, service was fine and comms good right up until a delivery was organised. I never heard of them after that, not even a follow up call after delivery. They had their money and had done their bit.
I tried Audi dealers for PCH and they could not get close to the payments, as finance was coming from Audi FS and not one of the larger finance companies.
This link shows the number of cars leased and shows why independent finance companies can probably give better deals than the dealer.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/fleet-leasing/fn50-data/

I am currently in the process of leasing a Hyundai Tucson for the wife (her money, her choice) and went to local dealer to ask if they could do PCH. As soon as I said I had prices of web they admitted they'd be £40-£50pm more expensive and I couldn't see the sales women for dust, lost all interest. This car is being organised through Gateway2Lease this time who were the cheapest. However I accepted the quote last Thursday and got finance approved the following day, but progress has been slow since, still waiting on finance docs to sign and a confirmed delivery date. This is totally different from Select who had it all done in 2 days. So this might be the only issue with going with a smaller independent lease company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Audi do arrange PCH.

One advantage of PCH over PCP is the minimal upfront payment. However, If you've got equity or cash to put in then PCP is probably the better option.
A shorter PCP length is the best option, you have less change of negative equity at the end.

Audi do arrange PCH.

One advantage of PCH over PCP is the minimal upfront payment. However, If you've got equity or cash to put in then PCP is probably the better option.
A shorter PCP length is the best option, you have less change of negative equity at the end.

Pcp or hire purchase and contract hire l stand corrected, as for negative equity over a shorter period is dependent on your deposit and more importantly what options you add to the.... Options are basically your negative equity.... A friend /member on here @pburv got a basic S3 saloon over 4 years £8k deposit he cleared his negative equity in less than 18 months only because of the high deposit and no options added

Spoke to Select and they said i could extend my current lease an extra year but its the Finance companies call, they also do 12 month leases but not on powerful cars like an S3.

Yeah i guess the difference between an indy and an established is like mentioned above, one will take longer to the the paperwork and the other wont

Deals right now are ridic, CentralUK will do a vanilla S3 for £240pm, in comparison Golf R is £288 and a gti £266!

Its a no brainer....

https://centralukvehicleleasing.co....i-quattro-5dr-s-tronic_AUA320S3~5HPTA4~4.htm/
https://centralukvehicleleasing.co....-tsi-310-r-5dr-awd-dsg_VWGO20R~~5HPTA4~6.htm/

So basically for cheapest rates i should go for a vanilla s3, if i add any extras then i lose the discount?