ina manifold with gtx2867r

daz-20vt

Reaction score
hi ya'll
I know most of you hate me by now about this but this set up has popped up on ebay.
it's a genuine turbo with ina manifold

I can't find any info on the manifold.
are they ok or not? thanks and sorry!!

so same as backdrafts, aks etc the turkish made manifold, T25 jobbie

not a fan of T25 things.. internal gated.. GTX boost creeps in the internal gate t25 setup on the ones I've seen here.
high 300bhp capable but very hot running. if you do try it, and if nto already done, redrilled/tap the bolts from m8 to m10 and use decent fixings else things will undo, gaskets blow.... sooner rather than later. See superkarls experience of t25 setup and issues

Reactions: JonBoi25
hmmm
id be after a good 360-370 would this be too high for t25 bill?
I'll check karl thread also.

Its a decent setup for the money to be fair. And it would definitely produce the numbers.

But as bill says, T25 M8 has its problems and its just ******* annoying the reliability of it, or lack there of.
You could gamble with M10 conversion but, the smartest move you could ever make is V-band, with better reliability and power potential.

This might be just me but i wouldnt think twice about using a T25-Vband adapter and having it welded on and getting a V-band hotside.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ter-for-a-t3-manifold&p=78657440#post78657440

Last edited:
I've had the same issues with M8 studs stretching on my GT2860RS. I've redrilled to M10 with studs from Horsham Developements, no problems since.

360-370 on that turbo shouldn't be a problem, but as Bill says, the internal waste gate isn't ideal.
Mine made 347 at Bill's last weekend, and it flows a fair bit less than the GTX.

photo110.JPG

Reactions: snowy
I am a vband convert after suffering backing out bolts ... vband hotsides are a lot more available than previously from more than one maker. Reliable clamping and sealing. Great idea.

OK firstly thanks for all the information put guys.
I know I'm the biggest pain in the *** going!!!

so is there enough room to do the v band conversion.
or should I leave it at those power levels?
just go m10??
I'm really not after big power

If I were you, I'd buy that setup, fit M10 studs, and enjoy it. It should be reliable at the levels you're talking about.
You don't need a v band, as you won't be constantly taking the turbo off.

If I were you, I'd buy that setup, fit M10 studs, and enjoy it. It should be reliable at the levels you're talking about.
You don't need a v band, as you won't be constantly taking the turbo off.
Ive converted to M10, and still have these problems.
This will vary from user to user with different manifolds, different exhausts, different exhaust hanger positions (varying amount of torque on the turbo and its fasteners)

OK firstly thanks for all the information put guys.
I know I'm the biggest pain in the *** going!!!

so is there enough room to do the v band conversion.
or should I leave it at those power levels?
just go m10??
I'm really not after big power
There would be enough room to do the conversion yes. You could machine the T3 manifold face down, and the adapter (you could even just weld a V-band directly like most do), effectively keeping the turbo height the same. Would just take a bit of thought.
power level is irrelevant, do you want a setup you can trust 100% or not? i do

so would I need 2 of these v band
one to weld on manifold and turbo?

Retro fitting both the turbo and the mani for vband ?

Normal scenario is fitting just one in order to use a new turbo on an old mani

Last edited:
just 1 daz.

You convert the mani to V band by way of welding on the adapter so it's on for life, then you get a v band hotside for the turbo

Any good sources for inconel studs in M8 or M10?

Nissan charge £50+ for their inconel M8 studs.