In need of URGENT HELP!!!! Power steering, and ticking noises....

A4cab-Izzy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Basically i have some ticking nosie coming form the dirver side of my engine... I checked the oil, it seemed low so i topped it up, and its still there.... I have no idea what this is. As im idling it ticks away, and as i speed up, the ticking gets faster? I had the timing belt and water pump changed approx 4-5months ago...

Also another problem has popped up, My power steering has become heavy, and whenever i turn it makes a screaching sort of noise, it happens all the time whenever the steering wheel is turned evan the slightest bit. I have checked the fluid and it is full, and bubbling when opened... The sccreaching noise is coming from near the power steering fluid bottle....

Make and model: Audi A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport V6 2002, manual

Any ideas on how to take me out of my missery :(?

Many thanks in advance

hi cant help on the ticking but the power steering sounds like the belt is sliping worst it can be is the pump mate

Cheers for that buddy... I had just taking it to the garage today to have it all cheked out. The guy mentioned the steering noise, the fluid needs to be tpped up to max as it is on Min.... and the ticking noise is the injector seal... one of them has gone and is causing the car to run heavy and tick? so he has advised me to get new injector seals and a rock cover gasket???? thanks

did you sort the ticking noise, mine started ticking last year, went away but has come back again