In need of clarification with regards to lowering S-line Sportback

-Vee-

Reaction score
Alright dudes,

So I’ve got an A3 8P sportback. It’s S-line and I want to lower it more.
Just wondering what size springs I’d need to get? Obviously I know it depends how low I want to go but the S-line is lower than a base A3. Would I have to compensate for this when lowering?
So for example if the S-line is 20mm lower than a base model and I want to lower it 20mm would I have to get 40mm lowering springs?

Thanks for any help, might sound a little bone but I’m useless lol.

-Vee-

Hello,

I have the same car on a 12 plate, I wanted mine lowered so I got the 50mm lowering springs from H&R, so they dropped it an extra 30MM. They have been on for nearly three years and they are still going strong.

I had Eibach Sport Lines on an A4 S-Line, the Pro-Kit would only achieve a similar stance to standard. Be prepared for a bumpy ride though and slow right down for those speed bumps.

c912b3c45fc8bea1d1b0c5ae187a7ec6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have the same car on a 12 plate, I wanted mine lowered so I got the 50mm lowering springs from H&R, so they dropped it an extra 30MM. They have been on for nearly three years and they are still going strong.

Thanks for the response mate.
What’s it like driving day to day? Of course it’ll be stiffer but is it still at a practical height?

The eibach pro springs on my A3 s-line are 10mm lower than s-line stock, but are less harsh than the s-line springs.

Lowering as much as 50mm badly effects the roll centre of the A3, but fitting S3 balljoints will correct most of this.

Thanks for the response mate.
What’s it like driving day to day? Of course it’ll be stiffer but is it still at a practical height?

They've been on mine for nearly three years now and I've had no issues with them. the ride is stiffer, car sits perfect in my opinion now. And I have no issues with speed bumps or multi-store car park. There is no scraping which I was surprised by as my old car scraped on everything.

My car is a daily driver. I do 60 miles a day in to and from work.