In Car "Security" Camera - Suggestions?

Andy Dilworth

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I'm looking for an in-car camera that I can use when the car is parked during the day and whilst on the driveway at night as a security measure to capture any would-be vandals, etc. Ideally, it would be high definition quality with motion activation outside the car.

Does anybody have any suggestions? :sos:

Hi,
I too am looking for a camera that will also act as security when parked. Looking at that link below you may well be better looking at the Transcend Drive Pro 220 as this has gps and also parking mode but looks like you will need the optional sucker mount.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for that, looks like I'd need to find an alternate power source to use it whilst parked during the day and overnight!

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,
Just reading some reviews on it it and it may not be that good as the parking mode is activated by movement and people say it doesn't work, also the card only seems to record for around 2-3 hrs before recording over so may not be the answer after all,as you say powering the camera could be an issue, let's hope someone recommends a good one that will suit our needs.
Cheers
Matt

Whats the live view function like on this camera please? And could i switch to live view should the car be stolen? How does it obtain a signal to stream live?? Does it have a sim card slot?

Whats the live view function like on this camera please? And could i switch to live view should the car be stolen? How does it obtain a signal to stream live?? Does it have a sim card slot?

It works via wifi. You connect to the camera via your laptop/mobile etc just like you would to your wireless router. So no it wouldnt work if your car got stolen as it would be out of wifi range. As far as I can tell the only real use of the live view is to find the best spot for recording.

Ok, so if there was a wireless network in the car (some audis have sim card slots.... Mine doesnt btw) then you could connect to it this way?

So in my case i could retro fit a wifi device in the car then connect to vehicle to view live.... I.e. If stolen / in for service / valet etc....

Im not sure what you mean tbh.

1. Ive never heard of wifi in a car.
2. The blackvue IS the wifi device. You search for wireless networks then find the black view and connect to it to view the live stream. Im not sure where the car itself fits into this simple process.
3. Not too sure how you would "connect to vehicle" if the said vehicle is out of wifi range, but then this is probably related to point number 1, which I have never heard of.

Also even if you could connect to the car remotely some how, this still doesnt connect you to the black view, as the black vue would not connect to the car, you connect things to it, not the other way round. Unless you connect the car to it...ah god who knows