In-car phone cradles

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Anyone know if Audi make a phone cradle/charger for Samsung Galaxy Aces to mate to the cars bluetooth system or even one with mini USB connection. I have an Iphone 3/3G/4 cradle but dont have an Iphone. I use the handsfree all the time but my phone sits in the storage space between the seats. It would be nice if I could just clip it in as it would charge at the same time. I know they have a limited range of cradles so this could be along shot.

Last edited:
PM Stoke-Audi (members on here), they'll be able to tell you and supply too.

Cheers for that. Just PM'd him. I'm not hopeful as I've had a look on the Audi website and they make only afew cradles, some of which are for steam driven phones. Fingers crossed though.

Yer i know they dont keep up with the times, when i changed my nokia there was no cradle available so i cut and chopped my old one to suit and now it works perfectly

There's always a Brodit active mount. I run one for my iPhone, works perfectly and is paired up with the parrot handsfree

I'd bet serious money that they won't - sorry.

They've always dragged their heels producing cradles for the latest models of phones - even before smartphones arrived they only tended to produce them for the most popular few models of each manufacturer's range. I had a cradle for my old Nokia 6230i and, when I switched to an HTC Desire, there was obviously no cradle available. Whilst I could still use the phone via bluetooth, I really missed the cradle as it gave the convenience of somewhere to stash the phone whilst charging it and connecting it to the sharkfin aerial for better reception.

Have switched to an iPhone now and laid out for the cradle for that (£100+!!!) but it's worth it to have the convenience back. As far as I'm aware, they decided to do iPhone cradles due to the sheer ubiquity of the things but haven't bothered with any other smartphones at all.

From what I can tell from the newer models, Audi are ditching the cradles altogether in favour of pure bluetooth, with the option of RSAP connectivity in the higher-end preps. It's obviously just too much hassle trying to keep up with all the latest models of phone, especially when most people aren't interested and are happy with basic bluetooth connectivity.