In addition to the fog lights, do the Euro A3 (not S3) also have headlamp washers standard?

gamegenie

Eazy-E CPT OG from the Otherside
Reaction score
Because as you know, we have bumper fog blank but no actual fog light. The headlamps washers cutouts on the bumper are just that cutouts, there's no actual water lines running to them.

iN2SOIYz36M7s.jpg

iUxwcKdg5K9kl.jpg

I think its EU law for us that xenon headlights have to contain headlamp washers, fogs are also standard in the uk

In the picture that looks like a xenon lamp unit - is the cutout you refer to the cover for the pop out washer ? Could someone have removed the tubes surely Audi would have fitted a non headlamp wash bumper if that were the case ?

Last edited:
My UK A3 doesn't have xenons and therefore doesn't have pop-out washers, but the covers are still there for them. I don't think there's such a thing as a non headlamp washer bumper.

^^ Ah gotcha - thought these were machined in afterwards or maybe an insert in the mould tool like the holes for the front parking sensors ?

Makes a xenon retro fit that much easier ;o)

Last edited:
I wanted to check if the headlight washers work but...trying to do it on my own...logistics got in the way...

I wanted to check if the headlight washers work but...trying to do it on my own...logistics got in the way...

Also bear in mind that the headlamp wash only comes on every 8th operation (I think) of windshield wash and possibly only when the headlamps are on.

I know the two cutouts on the left and right are the headlight washer cutout but does anyone know what the 3rd cutout on the bumper pictured on the left is suppose to be?

I know the two cutouts on the left and right are the headlight washer cutout but does anyone know what the 3rd cutout on the bumper pictured on the left is suppose to be?
Towing eye probably!

I hate the washers. I can see they are handy sometimes. But not when your car is clean but you need to wash your screen then it squirts the headlights twice and goes all over the bonnet + dribbles down the bumper which makes the car look dirty -_-

Wish you could choose when you want them to work.